THE WISH FISH

An hour before, Tedros had decided on a swim.

By now, the ranks for the first two classes were up on the Groom Room doors, the prince and Beatrix tied for first and Shira close in second.

Inside, the girls' Groom Room resembled a medieval spa, with three aromatic bath pools ("Hot," "Cold," and "Just Right"), a Little Match Girl sauna, three Rose Red makeup stations, a Cinderella-themed pedicure corner, and a waterfall shower built into a Little Mermaid lagoon.

The boys' Groom Rooms focused more on fitness, with a Midas Gold sweat lodge, a peasant-themed tanning room, and a gymnasium with Norse hammers, mud wrestling pit, saltwater lap pool, and full array of Turkish baths.

After Chivalry and Grooming, Tedros took advantage of the break before Swordplay to test out the pool. But just as he swam his last lap, he noticed Beatrix-and the seven girls who now followed her incessantly-peering wide-eyed through cracks in the wooden door.

But when he didn't see Shira with them, he was discouraged because he wanted to see her before his next class.

Tedros was used to girls watching him. But when would he find one who saw more than his looks? Who saw more than King Arthur's son? Who cared about his thoughts, his hopes, his fears?

He then thought of Shira, when she looked at him with such care and kindness. He was so use to seeing sly and greedy looks that he was surprised to see true intentional kindness in her eyes.

And yet here he was, pivoted purposely as he toweled so the girls could have a perfect view. His mother was right. He could pretend all he wanted, but he was just like his father, for better and worse.

With a sigh, he threw open the door to greet his fan club, breeches dripping, swan glittering on bare chest. But they were gone, victims of the fairy patrol.

Tedros felt a twinge of disappointment till he heard someone humming, he turned the corner, only to smash into something soft and short, knocking it flat to the ground.

"Oww" cried Shira. She looked up only to see that she had bumped into Tedros. The boy was still as handsome as the day before. The other girls told her all about Tedros, when she learned that he lost both parents, one to death and the other to adultery. She felt sympathy for him, no one should have to go through that so young.

She then noticed that he was dripping wet and without his shirt, she started to blush and looked everywhere else but him. He must have just got out from the pool behind him, one that she would have check out later on her own.

"Oh I'm so sorry I was distracted and-"
"No it's my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you okay?" Asked Tedros and holding out his hand.

When Shira took it he pulled her up, and helped her pick up her books. When he handed them back to her their fingers brushed, blushing even more she pulled back holding the books close to her chest.

She was heading to her next class with the others when she suddenly got lost, She got so nervous that she started humming. Whenever she's nervous or scared she starts humming her favorite song that her mother would sing to calm her down and into bed.

"Are you lost?" he asked. "Yes, I was walking with the other girls and must have made a wrong turn. Do you perhaps know how to get to Animal Communication?" Shira hoped he did, otherwise she'll be late.

She didn't want to get into trouble on her first day. "Yeah, I was just about to head in the same direction, I can guide you if you want?" He said. This was his chance to get to know more about Shira and see if he can become her prince.

"Oh yes, thank you so much, I was worried I was going to be late." said Shira happily. As they started walking to class they started talking and getting to know each other. Shira learned that Tedros loved swimming and sword fighting, and that he had a friend named Chaddick that he had since birth.