twenty-six: laistrygonians, misogyny, and wrecks, oh my!

ARUNA

~•♡•~

aruna walked the streets of new york with her friends; piper, jason, and leo. her long, nimble fingers were buried in the pockets of her silver winter coat, fashioned out of the cloak her titaness mother had bestowed upon her. her breath turned to mist as she walked, her silver eyes tired, her lips turned down into a scowl, and her black hair with a single white tuft down to her nose flowed in the winter wind.

"leo, shut up!" piper groaned as she and jason walked, their hands intertwined.

leo groaned loudly at the sight and threw his hands in the air. aruna managed a small smile, too, as she and leo walked side by side.

"i'm about tired of you doing this." piper threatened.

"boo-hoo." leo grumbled. "hey, aru, hold my hand!"

"piss off, valdez."

"why does nobody love me?!"

aruna looked away, her mouth curved up in a smile as she looked into the streets. they were making their way to times square, not for the new year's ball drop, but because the prophecy said they were to find a new demigod there.

yes, they were on a quest.

"what time is it?" piper asked.

"time for you to get a watch." aruna smirked.

"BOO-YAH!"

leo and aruna high-fived as piper shook her head.

"it's 11:37." jason said.

"damn, that was fast." aruna sighed. "so, what was the prophecy again? i forgot."

leo snorted. "you remember all the others ones, but not a couplet?"

"the other ones said i was going to die, leo."

leo looked away quickly. "yeah, that makes sense." he shrugged, his messy curls flopping in the wind. aruna averted her eyes before her recurring thoughts towards him came forth.

"eight foot does fight the cursed quartet
'til half-blood of female surprise them yet." piper answered.

"that's a stupid prophecy." aruna huffed. "it sounds like something dr. seuss would write."

"you think all prophecies are stupid." jason pointed out.

"because out of three, two said i'll die and one says i'm gonna betray everyone." aruna countered.

"half-blood of female- does that mean it's a girl demigod?" leo offered. aruna sensed he was trying to shift the subject. "that narrows it down, right?"

"yeah, to the other half of the new york population." aruna pointed out.

"maybe it means the demigod is the child of a female goddess." piper commented.

"cool, so that narrow it down to half of the gods." aruna nodded with a sarcastic smile.

"this is going to go wonderful with captain optimism over here." jason said, jabbing a thumb back at aruna.