[OS]Entry 12: Swaying Butterflies[Fem!KurokoxAomine]

Pen Name : @shingeki-no-kyojin

Participant from : Wattpad

Entry Title : Swaying Butterflies | Fem!Kuroko x Aomine Daiki

Entry Category : One-Shot

_________________

"Forget about us. You don't need me."

He stared at me strangely, and I sighed.

There always was a terrible weight of responsibility on my shoulders. As someone who was born with Tay-Sachs, a fatal hereditary disease that results in the progressive downfall of the nervous system, I knew that everyone I loved would be devastated by my early death.

Apparently, the doctors claimed the angels were looking down at me from heaven ever since I was born and that I was lucky to be sixteen, as most patients with Tay-Sachs die as infants. I've been researched on and stayed in hospitals most my life, as I might have been help to finding a cure, but even the most prestigious, well-educated doctors said I was no use.

I felt incompetent, vulnerable, and most of all, like a fire slowly spreading until I eventually destroyed everything in my life. Otousan and okaasan remained supportive, but I have nothing to return except for my disease on them.

Who I pitied the most was a simple answer - Daiki-kun. He was my childhood best friend who grew closer to me as time progressed, and we started dating for two years.

However, at this point, I believed our relationship had to go, for the sake of both of us.

"Oi, Tetsu-chan, what are you talking about?" Daiki-kun questioned, gazing at me with concern.

"You heard me. We're over. Don't visit me again," I replied blankly. It felt as if my heart was being ripped out as those words escaped my lips.

His jaw clenched. He chuckled bitterly and managed to breath out, "Why?"

"We weren't meant to be," I lied, averting my eyes to the wall, "Look at us. We're total opposites. You're a tall, prideful, healthy, muscular, tan guy and I'm petite, pale, shy, and sick, being on the verge of dying."

"Tch. Stuff like that doesn't fucking matter."

"You're being naive, Daiki-kun."

He ran his fingers through his dark blue hair. His face was stricken with grimness and grief. Daiki-kun's mouth opened, as if he was about to say something.

"Tetsu-chan..." he trailed off, tightly clutching my hand, "I...I'm a goddamn baka for saying this, but..." he paused, "Shit, I fucking love you. I can't explain it. I don't care if you think I'm naive. For the past years we've known each other, I'm captivated by you. Everything about you is perfect."