Sam's Life Chapter #2

I looked at Ari, as she had fallen asleep in my arms peacefully. My mind began to wander around the fact the Ari’s father had loved my mother. I didn’t know much about my parents, not automatically like most did. I knew what they had looked like before they died through pictures. My Aunt Amanda and Uncle Greg had always said they loved and cherished me every second, but if they had why on earth did they ever leave me? I needed them more then ever throughout my life.

“Sam?” Ari’s light musical voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I looked at her intently and wrapped her in my arms a little tighter.

“ Yes Ari?” I replied softly, as I looked at the walls that we had decorated.

“Don’t you think its weird that my dad was in love with your mom but he never told her?” Ari asked and I looked at her, why hadn’t he told her? I’m glad he didn’t because otherwise Ari and I wouldn’t be here but what would have happened to make him not tell her? Maybe I should ask Uncle Greg.

“There must have been some kind of reason,” I simply replied and thought about Jared, he was a football player wasn’t he? So was my father and my mother’s brothers.

Grabbing my phone I dialed Greg’s number, “Hey uncle Greg, I want to know what happened between my mom and Jared and how she ended up with my dad.” I simply stated, there was a short silence on the other end of the line and then I heard a deep breath.

“May I ask what brought this up?” Greg asked and I looked over at Ari, who was looking at me slightly confused.

“ Ari, showed me a scrapbook of her fathers all about his love for my mom,” I replied simply.

Greg’s POV

I knew this was going to come up eventually with him being so close to Jared’s daughter. Unfortunately, I really hoped it never would. After all it was my fault, my fault I changed my baby sister for what I thought was better at the time. Once I realized what I had done to Jared I almost instantly regretted, as soon as she changed for good she ended up with Cole and before I know it they were married and had Samuel.

“Samuel, It was my fault after we thought your grandmother died your mother took it so hard she changed she wasn’t my little sister anymore she was more like a brother disguised as a girl. One day in gym I challenged your mother to a bet, being what she had turned out to be she fully accepted. I won the bet by one second, and I picked out the most girl like outfit for her to wear. Needless to say she wasn’t happy, but that day in school your father had asked her to homecoming and all the guys at school had their eyes on her. She changed after that day, and she grew apart from Jared. Jared took it extremely hard and finally met Ari’s mother Rene, but he never truly loved her the way he loved your mom. Jared blamed everything on me, and we never spoke after that,” I barely finished and tears stung my eyes, but I didn’t and wouldn’t cry. Amanda gave me a questioning looks but I waved it off and waited for Sam’s response but the line went dead.

Sam’s POV

I didn’t know if I had the heart to tell Ari what my uncle had just told me, even if she knew her father never loved her mother the way he loved my mom. Could I really tell her that, it was actually true?

“What was the reason Samuel Jared you had better tell me!” Ari said and I looked at her, her beautiful pale skin and chocolate brown wavy hair that framed her face perfectly.

I then told her everything my uncle had just told me, and I saw tears forming in her eyes and I hugged her close to me.

“Sam, Ari, what up?” Called our friend Sheen from the doorway and Ari got up slowly to unlock the door, and I notice Kari was with him as well they looked at us with a confused expression on their faces.

“What’s up?” they said simultaneously with a serious tone this time, and we looked back and forth between us before she broke down and told them causing more tears to fall from her emerald eyes.

“Well, we come bearing good news!” Kari exclaimed and we looked at her, I was slightly angry at her all to happy tone. “ Guess who’s coming home tonight?” No one answered so she continued, “ Bradley!” Bradley was one of our friends before he moved to Minnesota leaving us.

“Yeah, we’re having a party to celebrate,” Sheen broke in and Ari and I shared a cautioned look before she asked where the party was going to be held.

“ Here of course!” Kari said happily, and Ari looked at her. “Look, its just a couple of people and I was to busy to ask,” Kari continued and I remembered the last time it was just supposed to be a couple of people we practically had our entire class here, and Ari and I had to redo the entire place.