Harlem Shake

Vote/Comment/Follow/Share

Chapter By Lea.

Friday night came round as I was dressed in my leotard and my tutu ready to see what lies for me tonight. Mum dropped me off at the Academy as I got my bags and got out the car. I walked into the foyer and said hello to girls I talk too even though I don’t like them very well to be honest, there stuck up and spoilt but I do like this girl called Charlotte that I am sharing a room with this weekend. I walked through the corridors and opened my door to see Charlotte unpacking her things. She was doing the same thing as she still in school she stays here at the weekends and comes after school. “Hey Charlotte” I said and put my bags onto my bed.

“Heys, are you excited to audition for the play where doing?” She asked quietly. Charlotte is a quiet girl with a big personality that everybody adores, her long brown hair lies nicely on her body and her dark blue eyes make her beautiful.

“Yeah, deffo I wonder what it will be” I said as she nods her head. We chatted for a while until it was time to get to the dance room. I put my uggs on with my ballet shoes in my hands.  

Charlotte and I arrived in the dance room as Madame Louisa was setting up everything. We sat down with everything watching Madame Louisa sorting herself out. I can feel someone’s eyes burning into my soul but as I turn round the eyes leave me. Why does he always look at me in that way? It’s so annoying. “Hello ladies and gentlemen, I know you guys have been dying to know what is going to happen this term and well to put yourself in safe care the play is going to be Romeo and Juliet” She cheered as everyone cheered. I love that film how Romeo and Juliet is the best romantic film in the century and one of William’s Shakespeare greatest stories. “And tonight one by one you my cherubs are going to be auditioning and then tomorrow you will get the results okay? So first on the list for them ladies is Charlotte Pick” Madame Louisa read off her clipboard. Charlotte got up and got into her position. The piano man called Sebastian started playing the piano as she prances around the room gracefully. Her moves are so magnificent like a swan gracefully flying around swiftly and passionate. I would love her to get the role or anything like that. After she was finished, Madame Louisa starting calling out names of girls until it was my turn. I walked onto the floor and got in my position as Sebastian started playing the keys. I moved lightly and softly as I can, running from corner to corner doing the odd turn every now and again. I pranced around the room and finished as I expected it to be. A cheer of clapping rose from the silent room into the atmosphere. I smiled proudly at everyone and walked off to my seat seeing Damon looking at me nicely? That’s a first. “Okay, now to the boys Damon Reynolds you’re up” She said as Damon got up from his spot and into the centre. To be honest he looked really nice in a leotard with his six pack showing and the muscles popping out of it. His tights fitted his perfectly toned legs and had his ballet shoes on. It was weird seeing a complete bad boy doing something so delicate and moving to do. I sat back smirking at him as he raises his hand and flung him over to one corner. He did other things but I couldn’t keep my eyes off him. He is really good not really good fantastic, flabbergasting actually. He was good on the floor and I can see how all the girls loved him as I see them drooling over him as he still moves on the floor. After his performance he got back to his seat and winked at me as he sat back down. We watched the rest of the boys as it was time to leave and get something to eat.

I arrived in the canteen and got myself something nice to eat and sat down in a corner eating and checking my phone every once and while. Charlotte doesn’t eat food from the canteen as she thinks it’s bad for her ‘weight’ as she is a recovering anorexic she needs to eat food from the doctors. I munched my food as I checked my Facebook. The same old things happen, depressing status, pointless photos and others. Everyone has been speaking of this Harlem Shake thing when one person does something while other people do it after the song says ‘Let’s do the Harlem Shake’ and everybody starts dancing manically. Everything went silent and someone walked onto the table and the Harlem Shake song came on loudly. Everybody looked at the guy as he wears his comfy trousers and no t-shirt and I got to say that he is quite fit.  He starts dancing while everybody is doing nothing. Then the word comes on and the guy and the camera man started telling people to get ready. I decided to join in. The guy starts recording again and everybody starts dancing manically for a while until the music stops. We all cheered and went back to eating. I laughed to myself as I got back to my corner but saw someone there. Oh great, not again. “Can you get out of my seat please?” I asked nicely. He was eating the leftovers of my food and shakes his head.

“No but you have got great moves I got to say” He chuckled as I whack him on the arm. “Now treat a guy with some respect” He said but that got me even angrier.

 “Respect? You haven’t given me respect for ages now so I will NOT give you respect as you respect girls back” I stormed off to my room and lied on my bed groaning into my pillow.

“Are you okay?” Charlotte’s soft voice asked.

“Boys, please don’t get involved with them” I groaned again as she chuckles.

“I know I don’t but are you sure your okay?”

“Yeah just need to clear my head, I think I will go to bed” I said and climbed into the covers completely ignoring the half six on my clock.

I wonder who will get the parts tomorrow?