First Day

Vote, Comment, and follow!

Chapter written by: Millie

I woke up in a cheerful mood, i walked gracefully to the bathroom and took a quick shower, i dried my hair quickly using the hair dryer and flew it up into a bun. I put on a little blusher and mascara. Threw on my school uniform and put my leotard and ballet pumps into my ballet bag.

I fluttered down the stairs into the kitchen, threw some cereal into a bowl, my family were still in bed so i decided to leave and get the school bus; another day of hell.

I left the house and began to walk along to the bus stop, i waited in the freezing cold until finally the bus came, I got on and looked around nervously for a free seat. This time there was one in the front, i went to sit when i heard snickering and giggling all around the bus i looked at the seat and it seemed to have been spat on, i rolled my eyes and walked up the bus, the seat next to Spike was free again. I can't say i didn't know why, he stunk of weed i wouldn't sit near him either, but i had no choice.

"Can i sit?"I said signalling to the seat

"I don't know? Are you retarded or something?"Spike said making the bus uproar with laughter, i took that as i yes as i sat down on the seat. I put my headphones on and began to listen to my ipod, ignoring the comments Damon was making about my music taste.

Finally after the torturous bus ride, after being spat at, having my seat kicked, cigarettes thrown at me and I'm pretty sure Damon tried to burn my hair. It was time for school.

I walked through the door watching my back at every step I took until I was completely walking backwards trying to hide from Satan's Spawn; Damon. I was suddenly tripped up, I looked up to see Satan's Spawn staring me in the eyes and laughing with his friends, I quickly got off the floor and rushed to my next class cursing Damon's name.

How could he be so cruel? I had always been nice to him! We used to be best friends. Once upon a time.

I finally got to class, I was on time for once. I took a seat over at the window. I sat in silence waiting for English to be over. I just wanted to get to ballet, to dance away the hatred and hurt.

The day went buy slowly, it was a blur. Full of Damon pushing me over and calling me everything but my name. Finally it was three thirty and my parents were waiting to take me to ballet class.

I got in the car, stopping myself from having a break down over the days events. The drive was about thirty minutes long meaning I arrived right on time.

I entered the big old fashioned building, the hallways were empty and the walls seemed to echo as I called out for assistance

"Hello?"A voice replied from a room.

"Hello, I am Lacey Harper, Its my first day and I'm lost"I said looking rather awkwardly at the short blonde haired lady.

"Oh, that's okay pet. I'll lead you there"She said with a friendly smile as she led me to a room full of people dancing gracefully. I felt extremely insecure, I wasn't as good as any of them!

"Ah mon cherie! This lady here is our star dancer!"A lady said as I walked in, she spoke with a French accent which made me giggle at how ironic it was, most ballet teachers in movies were French.

"My name is Madame Louisa"She said doing a graceful curtsy in front of me, I smiled at how welcoming she was

"I'm Lacey"I said shaking her hand

"You should go get dressed into your leotard darling! I think you have great potential!"She said with a large smile as she skipped over to the rest of the dancers.

I walked into a dressing room and got changed into my pink leotard, put on my tutu and my ballet pumps and rejoined the class, they were all standing facing the teacher waiting for my return. I walked over to join the dancers and stood beside them.

"Okay class! First position!"Madame Louisa exclaimed as we all posed as she wished, following first position, we moved on to second, then third, then fourth and then fifth.

"Now! We shall move on to something more difficult"She said stretching a little

"Adagio!"She exclaimed getting into the pose gracefully, we all followed her

"Attitude!"She said getting into another pose, lifting one of her legs up and leaning it against the other awkwardly.

Finally it was 6pm; Dinner time. We made our way down stairs to the cafeteria. I got some salad and milk and slowly began to eat. I sat alone, I was happy that way. I just needed some time alone with my thoughts.

After dinner we got back to ballet, for the final hour of class.

We danced around gracefully to the classical music that Madame Louisa played.

Finally it was time to leave, just as I was about to leave the room I noticed a familiar face, could it be...? No. He would never he here. I turned around again to see him stare at me with a pleading look as if he was begging me not to say a word.

Was it really him?

Damon?