CHAPTER 25: THAT'S WHAT MAKES YOU PATHETIC.

The sound of his footsteps could be heard. He walked towards his table, and lit the candle on fire. Then after lighting up the candle, he blew the lit match away, and threw it somewhere carelessly. Pulling his chair and sat on the chair before signing heavily. His mask covering half of his face, his red scarf wrapped around his neck, he spread his legs carelessly and crossed his fingers as stared at the dark. The dark and old library. He heard footsteps behind him and he knew who it was.

???: What do you plan to do?

??? 2: *Sigh* Do what I am built for. And do what I am supposed to do.

???: They don't know you.

??? 2: I know. Which is a good thing. They won't know that I am him.

???: You? The unknown assassin?

Unknown assassin: Yes. You're correct.

???: So how do you plan on helping them finish this battle?

Unknown assassin: It's for me to figure out. And for your task, all you have to do is stay quiet, follow my lead, you will speak only when I say so. Understood?

???: Understood.

Unknown assassin: Good. My time will come. They will know everything about me.

He said and crossed his fingers. As he stared at the map quietly. I wonder, who this person is behind the mask.

(Author's POV)

Felix opened his eyes, he immediately looked over his sleeping wife cuddled next to him and sleeping soundly. He signed heavily and hugged her even closer. He closed his eyes once more tried to get more sleep. But he couldn't sleep anymore. He signed and looked over the balcony and saw that it was still a little bit dark. The sky was a bit blue meaning that it was already morning, it was just too early. He signed and laid flat on his back and stared at the ceiling. He sucked a deep breath before releasing it loudly. He closed his eyes and rubbed his eyes. So many emotions were running freely around his body. And it's anxious, fear, worry, happiness and also sadness. He had so many things in mind. Stressing him out so bad. He felt a hand was placed on his bare chest. He opened his eyes and looked at the hand before looking at his wife. Rheyna was awake and was only looking at him with a soft look. She softly smiled, making all the problems go away and leave him for a minute. Seeing her smile helped him feel better. He smiled back softly.

Rheyna: You seem bothered. Why is that?

Felix: A lot of things are happening. It's too much for me to take.

Rheyna: Am I a bother?

Felix: No. No you're not. You're my only happiness here. Having you beside me, is more than I could ever ask for. Okay? So don't think that you are a bother okay?

Rheyna: Okay.

She pursed her lips into a straight line. Then nodded. Felix could clearly tell she's still not over her insecurities and he knew she always feels like she's a burden and a big bother. Felix couldn't find the perfect word to describe how beautiful she is and how helpful she is to him. She's a complete miracle and an angel sent from above. And he's thankful to God that he was gifted with a beautiful gift. Felix pulled her closer and wrapped his arms around her protectively and lovingly. Kissing her head multiple times before letting his lips linger on her forehead. Rheyna signed heavily and closed her eyes and enjoyed the love and warmth she gets.

Felix: You know I love you right?

Rheyna: I do.

Felix: I'll remind you again. I love you.