Chapter 7

【Chapter 7 : Punishment】

━━━━━━━•◦ ❈ ◦•━━━━━━━

Nyx let out a disrupted breath that shook, the mist rising from her mouth up to the darkened sky above the buildings that made up the alley. She sat against the old, chilling brick wall with her torso hunched over. Her throat felt tight and her lungs felt constricted, her limbs were weak and tremored in the bitter agony she received from everyone's favourite Rashomon. Her chest was littered with slice wounds, the fabric that wrapped her body, and her casual white shirt had scattered rips and tugs of thread. Crimson red not only stained her body, seeping into the cracks of her delicate skin and getting underneath her nails but also stained the battered shirt she had worn. The wounds were open, flesh irritated and angry, and the skin lifted and bled, the longer they were open the longer they risked the chance of becoming infected.

Red darted toward her. She had no time to react. She attempted to block, and then dodge, turning to her side to avoid fatal wounds. Nothing worked. Blow after blow, hit after hit, all connected with her upper body. A few lightning flashes whipped her thighs and shoulders. She stumbled and tumbled, falling back. Edging into a back alley with no escape. She was cornered by the bombardment.

Her head was confused, she was light-headed and dizzy, unaware of her current surroundings even if she had taken it all in on her way back to the building she took refuge in when avoiding the Port Mafia. The rain that fell from the sobbing sky soaked into her clothes, drenching her body and cooling it to bleak temperatures. The raindrops pressed against her forehead and dripped down the side of her face and to the inner corners of her eyes, appearing like tears. She was weak and tired, drained from blood loss. Her feet were numb and the tips of her fingers couldn't be moved from the freezing cold.

Underneath the ripped dress shirt she wore you could pick up on hints of purple and dark blue that blemished the left side around the centre where her ribs were. Anyone would cringe inwardly knowing every time she did take a breath in she would feel a sharp pain, like thousands of needles dipped into alcohol being forced into the fragile skin and flesh covering up her rib bones. But she was already strained for oxygen as she felt her lungs were restricted, she would take a deep breath which only made the pain worse.

Diabolos Rashomon rushed forward, darting and slithering through the atmosphere until it finally connected to her chest and tossed her recklessly back into the alley where she collapsed to the ground and rolled. The abandoned shards of glass layered in dirt pierced her skin and the odd bricks made the toss more painful. She groaned, muttering a string of curses before attempting to crawl back onto her knees.

Along her forearms, from blocking most of Diablo's strikes, she had grazes and lacerations that dribbled blood but weren't even half of the issues compared to the deeper slices scattered in masses on her torso. She panted gently, wincing and whining as genuine tears ran down the side of her face while her head lifted up and she looked upwards to the sky. Akutagawa had long gone after gifting Nyx her punishment for putting a flaw in Mori's plan, but the gashes in the concrete and stone walls as well as the physical damage done to Nyx never left - They were engrained.

Through the fog and the darkness, another figure made an entrance into the alleyway. With Nyx's legs collapsed underneath her and her feet being numb she had nowhere to run. Already struggling to see in the dark, the darkened spots in her vision made it difficult for Nyx to identify the suspicious figure approaching her at her most vulnerable. The dark spots in her sight increased in number leaving her with no vision. As she swallowed a gulp of her own blood, her body went limp and her sight was engulfed into a dark abyss.