Chapter 3

【Chapter 3 : A sudden realisation】

━━━━━━━•◦ ❈ ◦•━━━━━━━

The battle of the three-way war was upon them and her capabilities were going to be put to the test - truly. It wasn't something she'd dress up nicely for but she at least needed to look the part. She'd gathered herself a pair of high-waisted shorts and a white, long-sleeved suit shirt, suspenders, some tights and a black hat which was finished off with the cape she usually wore. On her feet, she wore her usual knee-length black boots with a ribbon that was used as the laces. Compared to most of the elegant dresses and skirts she had in her drawer, that outfit was nothing and she wouldn't care if it got a little scuffed. There was no way no one was coming out of this unscathed.

She sighed and decided to finish the plastic bottle of water with merely a few sips of water left in the bottom of the bottle. She drank what was left and tossed the plastic bottle afterwards. She was on standby for whenever Chuuya decided to leave the Port Mafia base of operations. She was waiting, albeit Impatiently, leaning against the cold stone wall in the dark depths of the alleys the Mafia members often used to meet in. She leaned forward and jumped subtly away from the wall she was leaning against as her attention was peeked by the footsteps from the West exit of the alley and a shadow began to form in the fog.

"Kōyōs been taken as a hostage by the agency, it occurred during a crossfire of the three organisations," Chuuyas voice informed her, casually and coldly. A mission was a mission, there were no emotions unless the mafia members lost control of their composure.

That certainly came as a shock. Kōyō was more than capable of wiping out the Agency if she so wished to which meant she had a reason to get caught and, more importantly, she had a reason to stay with them and continue to be their Captive. Nyx assumed it was Kyōka. Kōyō adored Kyōka and if the refined lady ever did have a weakness it would undoubtedly be Kyōka. She stood up straight and kept her arms crossed across her chest. Discarding Nyx's uncertainty, she shook her head side to side, her hair following her head's actions, "And how would that affect our next course of action?"

"It doesn't," He said while adjusting the hat on his head professionally, Chuuya clearly took his job seriously as an executive, "Our job is to go check on the hitmen that Boss hired to take out the Detective Agencies president,"

"So that would make us the plan B you were talking about," The darkness in the alley seemed to get heavier and loomed over the pair as Chuuyas intentions became clear. If Nyx knew anything about Mori and his 'optimal solutions' then she could say that Mori intended to get the Agency and the Guild to wipe themselves out meaning the Mafia could sit back and relax without getting directly involved. She licked her lips, the anticipation soaking in, and wiped the dust from the wall that settled on her hands, on her shorts clumsily leaving faint white hand prints on her black material shorts. The war had already gotten serious and the Mafia already lost one of their executives, Was the Guild that formidable? Well With positions in major corporations, politics and the military Nyx wasn't surprised.

Chuuya shrugged, a cocky action which was followed by Nyx pulling her glove tighter onto her right hand, doing up the zip and repeating the action on the right side, "Something like that, let's go"

◦ ❈ ◦

Just as the sun was setting, The sight Nyx saw was rather worrisome - in the sense that they employed useless people. They were amateurs but there were four of them, the president couldn't have been so powerful, could he? it didn't matter anymore since they were dead. One lay on his front a meter or so away from the other three, and another man was also laid on his front closer to one who was passed out in a rather....awkward position. Although for the fourth Nyx found herself frowning in discomfort. The fourth hitman was sitting leant up against one of the factory building walls, the wall had a dent. Not just a small dent but a large one which outlined the man's body. Nyx subconsciously cringed and shuddered, knowing that for his Body to have been thrown so ruthlessly to indent the stone wall, there was no way he didn't break a rib bone or two. Unlucky for him.