Chapter 4

【Chapter 4 : Out from the shadows】

━━━━━━━•◦ ❈ ◦•━━━━━━━

The four people who were split between the agency and the Mafia all stood still, no one making a move. It was all communication until someone decided to be brave and try to make the first hit. Each of them was on guard, well apart from Chuuya who was more bothered about the mafia's reputation of not needing to knock on the enemy's door before waltzing straight in. Still, Nyx's existence was ignored by the two detectives. She was growing more irritated by the minute, if no one decided to make the first move then eventually it would be her -  she would give them a good reason to be wary of her, her introduction and greeting. Why did those detectives think they were so important? Whether it was an everyday common thief, a Port Mafia assassin or executive, a detective from the Agency, a civilian who was minding their own business in Yokohama, or a foreigner visiting some popular tourist spots, everyone was important. For some reason, she has dished a battered package of life.

It really was just like Mori had told her if you weren't useful you were worthless and therefore no one wanted you, no one in the big wide world. It wasn't like anyone actually wanted Nyx anyway, she'd still be living in alleys if it wasn't for Mori. Nyx's fists clenched tightly, so tight her knuckles turned white and her nails dug crescent moons into her palms, breaking through her skin and letting blood seep through. She had to try at least, she had to try her absolute best and be worth something to someone, Mori especially, she owed him a debt.

"You think the Mafia needs an appointment to raise hell on enemy territory?" Chuuya couldn't help but let a loud, amused laugh slip from his throat but despite that The blonde boy leaned forward enthusiastically and raised his hand above his head as he answered what was supposed to be a rhetorical question.

"Oh! I'm pretty sure they don't!"

"If that's why you're here then have at it," the lady closed her eyes and shrugged. Nyx narrowed her eyes and continued to watch them both closely, the least she could do was stop the detectives from making an attack until Chuuya had finished his business with them. The silence between them didn't last long because the doctor decided to speak again, her voice becoming low like she knew Chuuya had other intentions, "That's not the real reason you decided to pay us a visit, is it?"

"And how'd you know that, hm?"

"Well, we'd be a sorry excuse of a detective agency if we couldn't discern a client's intentions right off the bat," She explained like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Even if you were a detective that couldn't tell your clients' intentions just by the first meeting, all you needed was perception and intuition, Nyx could guess the agency was capable of both.

"Your president..." Chuuya started, his lips pursing and his head tilting to the side. Nyx was surprised his hat never fell off. Once or twice she thought it was glued onto his head but then she saw him take it off, and he was probably using his ability to keep it on and keep up his classy appearance. She often stole it from him when trying to lighten the mood and her theory was proven that only allowed certain people to touch his hat - meaning only her. The two detectives stared at Chuuya and Nyx expectantly, of course, they were going to protect their president, "Where is he?"

"Why, he's in our base of operations of course!" She snooks a glance at the camera behind Chuuya and Nyx, eventually pointing at it and smiling, "Right...over there,"

Chuuya wasted no time and turned on his heels, he brought a small picture out of his pocket and held it up in front of the camera. The camera lens twitched and turned, the people controlling it were zooming in on the Mafia members to get a closer look at the photograph and Chuuya who still seemed to be their main threat, "My boss has a gift for you, two men who are members of the guild! We reeled them in with bait," The executive let out another sinister chuckle showing off how cocky he was getting while turning the picture around to show some writing on the back of it, "Here's the time and date, You don't often get a one of a kind chance like this, an opportunity to take out some of those Guild scumbags,"