Chapter 10

【Chapter 10 : Repayment】

━━━━━━━•◦ ❈ ◦•━━━━━━━

The room was quiet. Among a couple of bland metal framed beds and the bedside tables, alongside the drawers and cabinets of medical supplies when Yosano wasn't around to do her magical ability recovery, there was nothing but silence. The window was slightly open allowing a refreshing, gentle breeze to blow steadily through the open window and into the med office. The room was bright, the lights being turned on but the window supplied natural sunlight which turned the room a gentle tone of orange.

In the room was Dazai who was sitting on a seat beside one of the occupied beds, one of his legs charmingly crossed over his other leg. He had a book in his left hand, a paperback book about who knew what while his right hand rested in his coat pocket. The loose belt of the coat only just touched the floor. He had a bored look on his face, occasionally glancing at the IV that dripped slowly, drop, after drop, but ever so slowly. Another individual who was also in the room was surprisingly Ranpo. He was sitting on a standard metal chair although he was tucked under a table where he had multiple packets of sweet snacks laid out and a strawberry and vanilla lollipop in his mouth, his lips wrapped around the stick. His eyesight was focused on the world outside the window as his head childishly bobbed from one side to the other.

"This is boring," Ranpo whined with an unwavering frown.

Dazai closed his book with a singular hand and lingered his eyes over the sleeping body on the bed, "It shouldn't be much longer,"

Ranpo turned around in his chair and admired the sleeping lady with a thoughtful gaze. He was deep in thought and Dazai took note of that. He couldn't help but wonder where the young lady came from, Why did The Guild want her? Why were there no records of her? Why couldn't he use his ability of pure intellect to find something about her, anything, who was she? The frustration forced a crease in his eyebrow, his blood vessel popped from his forehead as he groaned in irritation. How annoying. Why was she the only one he couldn't use his 'ultra deduction' to find any information?

"I'm assuming you still can't use Ultra deduction to confirm any information?" Dazai asked, glancing at Ranpo for a moment through the corner of his eye and then setting his sight back upon the sleeping lady.

"No," He huffed.

"A mysterious lady, how intriguing," the brunette hummed, his eyes sparkling as he noticed the lady stir in her sleep. Her eyes tightened, the skin crinkling, and then delicately opened. Upon her eyes opening, her eyelashes fluttered and her fingertips wiggled, tapping and clenching at the bed sheets. She let out a gentle breath and turned her head to e surprisingly met with Dazai sitting in the chair, in the process, her long platinum blonde hair fell from the bed strand by strand, "Good Morning, sleeping beauty,"

The sleeping beauty, Nyx in this case, blinked a couple of times, once, twice, and a third time before shuffling herself to sit up. She winced but only slightly no thanks to the tender muscles and skin around her ribs and the pains in her limbs. It had been a harsh week. Nyx wondered, had it only been a week? It felt like it had been a month. Well, it wasn't like she particularly cared; a day was a day, whether it was the 5th of January or the 20th of October and ten years later, every day was the same utter bullshit in her eyes. She examined the room she was in, her eyes dancing from the cabinets to the walls, to the windows to the beds and then finally to Dazai and to Ranpo.

She licked her lips and massaged her temple with her left hand's index and middle fingers "Hello,"

"Did you have a nice rest?"

"I'm not sure, I'll get back to you on that one," she sighed, his eyebrows straightening while a bead of sweat ran down her face giving him the 'are you serious?' look, "How's Atsushi?"