Chapter 13

【Chapter 12 : Letter】

━━━━━━━•◦ ❈ ◦•━━━━━━━

Seeing her trusted acquaintance once more filled Nyx with secret delight. She already knew that Chuuya would always take orders from Mori, even if that meant Nyx's demise. But...there was no doubt behind the sincerity of their friendship while she was following Mori, it was a shame she had to mess up their mission based on a strong, unfamiliar urgency. Admittedly, she didn't quite know where she went so wrong, at what point along her path did her forgotten morals resurface and doom her to her demise. At what point in her life did she become so cursed? She almost felt sorry for herself but she only had herself to blame.

She held her head high as she acknowledged Chuuya, "Yes, likewise,"

"I'm glad to see you well, after Diabolo..."

"Well, if you'd be so kind as to remember your old partner who is blackmailing me with a debt, I'm being taken care of sufficiently as of now, at the very least," She announced with a subtle humoured but sarcastic hum. Chuuya was taken aback but made no comment about Dazai, instead, he stepped forward to allow the dim light to illuminate his features and emphasise the silhouette of papers in his hands.

"The name of the man you're looking for, no one knows it," his voice was cold but his words were precise, he stretched his arm out and allowed Nyx to take the papers, though everything that seemed to be written on paper could be summarised in a sentence of conclusion to end the mystery of the man with heterochromia, "However, he's been involved in quite the varying discussions of introducing mass weapon and drug manufacturing in the high classes of society, well known by his heterochromatic Features. A troublemaker, he's made quite the name for himself under an anonymous alias,"

"I could have guessed," she sighed.

"He has limited and fairly lowkey contacts, all in the documents so you can look through them when you get the chance. He's been spreading the word that he was a large-scale drug disruptor in the UK, did some digging and it's true, so I wouldn't be surprised if he intends to infest this city with his parasites,"

Nyx grimaced, she honestly couldn't believe it. She couldn't imagine the city being overrun by a drug distributor like the anonymous individual in question, not just drugs but weapons too,  "What on earth..."

"Though the most concerning news is about what type of drugs he's intending to mass produce, drugs that temporarily give you superhuman strength and speed, though highly addictive and have a high death rate," That was all Nyx needed to know she wanted him locked up behind bars for eternity, having an ability wasn't all sunshine and rainbows and she could've guessed that he wouldn't tell his investors or buyers about the high death rate. Just the fact that he intended to mass produce weapons and drugs to encourage more deaths and addictions, exploit children and encourage violence gave Nyx a surge of fire that lit up under her skin, after reaching out with a brown envelope in his hand, Chuuya continued, "This is for Dazai,"

"We trust the agency is going to be dealing with him as soon as they can?" Chuuya wondered as he turned on his heel, already knowing the answer after finishing sharing the information with Nyx, his coat flapped in the wind before finally catching up to him and he adjusted his hat to sit on his head while a smirk crossed his face.

Nyx, in return, turned and began to take her leave in the opposite direction, her boots creating a low but assertive echo in the hidden alley behind the maze of buildings, "Surely, I'll see to it myself,"

◦ ❈ ◦

Upon returning to the agency office, Nyx shrugged off her coat and hung it on the back of a random chair she had decided to help herself to, she reached to Dazais desk and grabbed herself the original documents of the investigation thus far and placed the new set of papers about their anonymous friend, his schemes and those he involved himself with next to them. She had reacquainted herself with the original investigation, making sure she knew every detail, she didn't want to miss anything. She read one page, and another, and then another, one after the other, focused entirely on the words.