Traveling

"Sakura, calm down, you're fine," Inoichi says, putting his hand on my shoulder.

My shoulders tense up and I release my cheek from my teeth, the taste of blood filling my mouth.

I sigh.

"I... I know. I just- I'm in shock still, I guess." I say, looking around some more.

"I would be surprised if you weren't. I hope you come to my office again soon, to work through things... you don't have to do this alone, alright?" He says, turning his head to me.

I bob my head up and down, picking up the pace when I see Kakashi, Naruto, and Sasuke together outside the hospital, chatting with solemn faces.

Kakashi notices me first, relief washing over his face.

He crouches down, holding his arms out to me-- I jump into them, hugging him. He squeezes me back in a deathly grip.

"I thought-" He says, stopping himself.

That's true, we've been gone for some time-- literally being kidnapped by the enemy. Then we got questioned, it only makes sense that they'd think we died.

He releases me, taking a step back and Naruto jumps forward, throwing his arms around me-- managing to pull Sasuke in, who reluctantly puts his arms around us.

I see a ghost of a smile on his face.

I take a step back from them, and Naruto instantly begins babbling.

"We were so worried! Not that you can't hold your own-- it's just we saw the Kazekage take you. We were so busy fighting Gaara that we didn't have time to check on you, and we came here to the hospital to check-"

He's cut off by me patting his head, "Sorry to worry you... I was lucky enough to get out basically unharmed. Are... are you three okay? Can't have been easy."

Naruto is intently staring at me with tears in his eyes so Kakashi speaks, "We're okay. Naruto and Sasuke got separated from me and fought Gaara together, they're okay for the most part. I was helping evacuation and killing off the snakes... any words on the Hokage?"

I suck in air, looking at the ground- tears finding their way back into my eyes, "He... he didn't make it," my voice is small, and Naruto flinches at my words, "he had a slight chance," my hands clench, "but he didn't because of the Jutsu he had to use."

"You... you're joking?" it was Naruto who spoke- his face looked pained.

I shake my head, "I tried to help, but it was too late."

He turns around and begins walking in a panicked state, I grab his wrist, "Naruto. I'm sorry, I know he was close to you, but we're a team-- I wouldn't lie and I don't think you should be alone right now."

He turns around, his eyes wide as he stops walking.

Kakashi speaks, "I agree with Sakura... plus we do need to get you a new apartment, and a new Hokage... but that's beside the point."

Naruto nods reluctantly, and for a minute none of us move.

Kakashi sighs, "uh, okay. I still have more I need to do, Sakura if you could take them home? I'll be home later tonight, if you guys are hungry go ahead and get some food."

I nod and lead the others home, they follow curiously.

As we walk I realize Inoichi had left-- right after I met up with my team, and my arm was in a lot of pain.

I hold it out in front of me, summoning healing chakra-- stopping in my tracks as I realize it's broken, the radius snapped roughly.

I continue walking again-- healing it as I went.