Preliminaries

When I awake I take note of my full chakra reserves— meaning I've been sleeping at least 9 hours(it takes longer to fill when you aren't actively gathering it, so I've learned).

I get up with a yawn, wincing at every movement. My body was stiff, my injuries hurt if I wasn't lying perfectly still and my head was still throbbing in pain.

I brought my hand up to my head to heal it some more— I definitely got a concussion, but at least I was able to heal it a bit before I slept.

I exit the room, spotting Naruto and Sasuke sitting at the table.

I drag myself to the table, plopping down tiredly.

"Good morning Sakura-Chan!" Naruto exclaimed.

I groaned and started healing some of my other injuries which hurt as well.

"Does it still hurt?" He asked softer.

"Of course it hurts- she fought one of the Sannin," Sasuke said, I could practically hear the eye roll, making me snort.

"It hurts, and I'm tired. My rib is broken," I wince as I send some more healing chakra, "I could only set it in place before," I say as I prod at my rib. I flinch in pain, pulling away.

I place my hands on my ribs, healing, and I sigh, I'm going to have to reset the other one, it's been too long to straight up heal it.

"How long 'as I asleep for?" I ask, not looking up as I prepared myself for the pain

"Two days." Sasuke states.

I reset the bone as he says it, biting my lip to keep in the shock and the pain.

"Yeah! We have two more days until preliminaries~" Naruto says excitedly.

I smile at his enthusiasm, not able to fully laugh, seeing as I was healing my rib bone.

Bones take a little while to heal, they are denser than most other things in the body, and bone marrow is a bit harder to reconnect, the texture making it quite the struggle.

But, not impossible. I will need some healing time though- it'll be weak for a while meaning I should avoid fights, maybe get a thick protective layer to wear over it, and be careful when moving.

You're- you're going doctor mode on yourself.

Inner stops my train of thought, almost making me laugh.

Well duh, or should I just, like, die?

I thought I heard inner mutter, yes, but was too concerned with fixing myself- so I let it slide... just this once.

"So what was the forest like? Kakashi-Sensei said you'd been in there before!" Naruto asked curiously.

I tilt my head, eyebrows scrunching up as my focus on healing grows stronger- the pain fading bit by bit- and I look up at him.

"I have, to train... Isn't that where he took you two to train?"

They both shook their heads, so I begin explaining how the forest was- since they were curious.

"It's busy... There are creatures in there, which is why they call it the forest of death. It's huge, and you could run for hours and get nowhere- if you don't know where you're going- the creatures, also, are gigantic. As in 5 to 10 times my size, and most have some kind of... advantage. Some have strong skin, others are just absurdly strong."

Naruto nodded, looking captivated. I smiled as I spoke, "But the ecosystem is insanely rich. The plants are thriving, the creatures are happy- even if they're violent- and the temperature is basically always that perfect temperature-- from what I've read about, at least. I've only been in there a few times."