Chapter 21

Felix's POV
She crawled into my lap. She curled up into a ball. After a while, she got up and got in the tub.

"You're never this quiet."

"I know. Something's wrong with me."

"Do you know what it is?"

She shook her head.

"Maybe....I'm scared to get yelled at by you."

"Why would I yell at you? You did nothing wrong."

"I-I know. I-I know. I just....regret getting out of bed today."

"What does that mean?"

"If I stayed in bed...this wouldn't have happened."

She's not wrong.

"I didn't want to fight with my sister. So....I didn't try to talk myself out of it. I didn't even know, we were picking up Sarah until...we were almost at my brother's house."

"Did everything happen right away?"

She nodded.

"Sarah was just standing there smiling. It's like...she meant to do this to me. I-I regret coming out to him."

"Why?"

"He's never acted like that. He made me hate who I am a bit."

"Oh no. That's not something....I thought you'd ever say."

"I never thought...I'd hear myself say it. That honestly scares me. I don't want to hate myself."

"I know you don't."

"Can you come in?"

"Are the both of us gonna fit?"

She shrugged. I stood up and took my clothes off. She moved up a bit. I sat behind her. She moved back. I started hugging her from behind.

"I should've seen it coming."

"What does that mean?"

"She's always made me feel uncomfortable. I-I don't know how to explain it. She'd look at me weirdly. She tried to kiss me once. I pushed her away. She'd just do shit to make me uncomfortable. I-I think....she was planning my downfall."

"What does that mean?"

She sighed.

"The moment I stepped into their house, my brother flew down the stairs. He started yelling at me. He's never yelled at me like that. Then he hit me. D-did I just get abused? Is that what just happened?"

"I-I'm sorry. I-I think it is."

"I can't do anything about it."

"You can."

"No. I can't. I don't want to tear my family apart even more."

"You think...it would?"

"Mhm. I'd have nobody left."

"Okay you're starting to sound like me. Why do you think that?"

"Out of the three of us....Jack's the favorite."

"How do you know?"

"It's obvious. He's the oldest. He graduated high school early. He just graduated college. He's got a wife. He's got a great job. He always got perfect grades. Both of our parents still talk to him."

"Both of your parents don't talk to you anymore?"

"I only have my mom. My dad...he says I'm the disgrace of the family. He moved away just to get away from me. If I say what Jack did...I'll probably lose my mom too."

"So he just...left?"

"Yeah."

I moved hair off her shoulder. I started kissing her neck.

"What're you doing?"

"You can keep venting."

"Okay well anyway...my dad just changed one day."

"Same with my parents."

"Okay you're trying to get me back still."

"Eh."

"You're being cruel."