28.

The Sexton House chapter 28

After Charlie had told me about how Jane's brother died in that car wreck, I became slightly depressed. I feel like I hardly know Jane, yet we talk as if we have known each other for years. Jane is a sweet girl, she really is. I think we get on well.

After sitting outside alone for a few minutes I finally get up and head for the house, slowly making my way to the back porch and inside. I kick off my shoes, since it started raining, and mud has stuck to the bottom of them. I grab myself a cup from the kitchen and fill it with water. I head upstairs hoping Anna is in a mood to talk.

I open the door, hoping I won't startle her. As the door opens I spot her standing near the window gazing out at the stars.

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" I say leaning against the doorframe. She jolts back, obviously startled, even though I wasn't trying to scare her.

"Oh, Harry I didn't even hear you come up here." She says while holding her heart. I wonder why she does that?

" I didn't mean to scare you." I laugh, while walking over to the large window where she stands.

"I would say you scared me to death, but it's a little late for that." She cracks a smile and so do I.

"That's terrible." I laugh, she nods her head agreeing that it was wrong.

"So you like star gazing?"

"Very much so. Sometimes I forget how big the world really is, that is until I look up at the sky and see all the millions of stars that litter it. It's truly extraordinary." The moon cast a glow onto Anna's face, which holds such peace, calmness. She seems so peaceful just gazing up at the sky.

"Would you maybe want to experience it a little closer?" I question, nodding my head towards the doorway.

"No, no, Harry. I haven't been out of this room in years." She explains, stepping away from the window and over by her squeaky, old bed.

"Why not? The world is beautiful. There is so much to see. How could you live your life in this tiny room?"

"I will agree, the world itself is beautiful, but the people in it aren't." Her eyes never leave mine. She seems so serious about it. "The world is a terrible place, Harry. There is so much to fear and so little of good in the world."

"I will agree, the world is a frightening place, but that's part of it. That's part of life. We have to face things that scare us or we will never overcome them." Total silence. Not a word was said for several moments.

"How do you face something that is living, when you aren't even alive yourself?" I'm taken back. Sometimes I forget that Anna is actually dead, and has been for years.

"But everyday they have the possibility to die, and you don't. So what are you afraid of?" I question, watching as she messes with a piece of lose string on the bed.

"I guess I'm afraid of living." She looks back up at me and says, "I guess I'm afraid of feeling again. I've been numb for years, Harry. I don't even know what it feels like to feel again." I walk over to her bed and sit beside her.

"What if I promise to protect you? I'll be your shield, I won't let anyone or anything harm you." She shakes her head, "I don't know, Harry the world is a terrible place, you might get tainted by the worlds harsh and unforgiving colors. You seem like a good man, I wouldn't want you risking that over someone who isn't even alive."

"Maybe I want to, Anna." I grab her face and say,"please let me show you what's beyond these four walls." I search her eyes, wanting, craving for her to give me permission to show her what's outside of this house.

She takes a deep breath before saying," well since you aren't getting any younger, I say we do this." She speaks in such a proper voice. My smile stretches across my face. "I can show you the world just like Aladdin did with Jasmine," I joke, as I stand from my seat.

"Who?" Anna questions, as I grab her hand.

OMG CHEESINESS!!! LOL

OMG OMG OMG PLEASE GO READ MY FRIENDS STORY HER USERNAME IS: highvolume AND HER STORY IS CALLED "JUNKIE" ITS AMAZING!!!!
I would have updated soon, but my editor hadn't responded so my MOM EDITED THIS!! Lol so you're so lucky.

LEAVE ME A SWEET, LONG COMMENT AND ILL DEDICATED A CHAPTER TO YOU
Chapter dedicated to: @parisx3 for best commemt