29.

"Who?" Anna questions, as I grab her hand. I laugh to myself, as I take her hand in mine. It's not till we are near the doorway that I realize I am holding a dead girls hand. I jolt to a stop and turn towards her.

"I have a question before we precede on." I state, loosely letting go of her hand.

"And what might that be?" She questions back.

"If you're a ghost then how on earth am I touching you?" My eyebrows raise, obviously wondering how in the hell this is possible.

"Oh, Harry you're so naïve." Anna laughs, throwing her head back slightly. "Ghost aren't like they are in stories, not at all. We aren't transparent nor are we sheeted beings." My eyebrows seem to raise a notch higher at her words.

"Sheeted beings?" I question with a confused look.

She huffs before saying, "we don't run around with sheets over ourselves trying to scare poor innocent people like yourself." Well that explains a lot.

"Then what makes us different?"

"I am dead. I have no heartbeat. I am numb, I can not feel anything." She admits, looking back towards the window. I knew Anna was dead, but I didn't realize how similar we are yet we are also like total opposites.

"So you can't feel this?" I say, as I reach for her hand and inclose it in mine. Slowly rubbing my thumb against the back of hers.

"Not at all." I'm sadden to know that Anna is literally numb to the world and will be forever. It's honestly a tragedy that such a intelligent, young women like herself will never feel again.

"Well that's shitty." I admit dropping her hand. Anna's eyebrows raise.

"Shitty. What an odd word." She laughs to herself and continues to repeat it over and over. I begin to laugh at how amused she is with a little cuss word.

"You never heard the word 'shitty' before?" I wonder, looking over to her, standing only a few feet away.

"Nope. I'm guessing it's a cuss word?"

"It is."

"Well that explains it. My mother and Father were very careful with the words they used around me." Anna tell me, looking me in the eyes.

"Well, now you know one." I laugh, grabbing her hand and inclosing it in mine. I lead her towards the doorframe and walk through, leaving her standing on the other side.

"It's been years." She softly speaks, gazing at the frame. "I don't know if I can do it. I haven't left this room in so long, Harry."

"I know you can, Anna."

"Change is good, correct?" She ask, looking hesitantly at the door. I can tell she's scared, and I guess I would be to if I haven't left a room in years, but she must face this fear if she is ever going to overcome it.

"Remember what I promised you?" I say, entering back into the room.

"Yes, I remember. You said you would protect me even if it meant you getting hurt in the process." I nod my head, staying true to my word.

Anna takes a deep breath, before slowly walking towards the door. I follow suit, taking small steps that match hers. When she is right at the frame, she raises her chin and steps forward looking ready to take on the world.

"You did it." I congratulate her. She smiles big before saying, "That felt so good! I haven't been able to leave that room in years. I was actually scared I might not be able to." I take her hand in mine and lead her down the stairs. Her big blue eyes scan every inch of the room. I can tell she is just trying to soak it all up before she has to go back to that small space.

"Wow. I like what you did with the place." I shake my head, " I actually haven't done anything." She turns her head towards me. "Really? It looks different. Then again it could be because I haven't been down here in so many years." I nod my head, agreeing it's probably the latter one. We maneuver through the house and out to the front porch.

"This will be your first bit of fresh air in awhile too." I laugh, knowing she'll make a big deal out of this too, which she should. I mean she is finally leaving a tiny room after years of being stuck up in it.

" Yes, I know." We head outside, I watch as she takes in the night sky. Even though it's pouring rain out, she still looks amazed at the view.

"Wow..." Her ocean blue eyes glance in every direction trying to absorb all of God's great creation. It is truly beautiful, even though I can see it anytime I want, but there will come a day when that is no longer possible. One day I will be gone. Dead, that is. I won't be able to walk outside and enjoy a lovely day, and I guess that is what sucks about life, you never know when will be your last. Enjoy your time here, for one day you won't be able to.

"This is nothing compared to what I want to show you." I whisper to Anna, who seems deep in thought.

"Really? Let's go." I take her hand we start running down the road. We could have taken my old truck, but I think skipping through the wet streets in the middle of the night is much more fun. We both run as if we are running from our life. And I guess in a way we are. No we're not being chased by men who want to harm us, but we are running from our problems and the reality of life and death. Anna may be dead, but that doesn't mean she can't have fun and enjoy her earth life. I know I'm crazy for running off with a ghost, but if you got the chance to do the same, wouldn't you run away to? You wouldn't pass up a once in a life-time opportunity.

"I've never felt more alive!" Anna screams into the night. Joy and pure glee is laced within her words. I agree with her, it feels good just to run away, even if it is only for a little while.

After running through the streets we finally make it to the park, the same one Jane brought me to. I lead Anna over to where the duck pond is located at and motion for her to sit on the ground. Soft thunder booms in the background along with strikes of lightning.

"Wow this is beautiful." Even though the storm kind of frightens me I know Anna is enjoying herself, so I don't let on that I'm actually scared shitless.

"I thought you might like it." I say, looking over towards her only to see a wide smiles stretching across her features. I knew at that very moment with the moon shining on the water which reflects a glow on her fare skin, that I was slowly falling for a dead girl, and there was no way for me to stop the feelings I felt for her.

Sooo I was like half asleep while writing this XD.

NEXT CHAPTER IS IN ANNA'S POV

I tried my best to make this chapter a bit longer so I hope you enjoyed it! I also cleared up why Harry could touch Anna without his hand just going straight through her.

WHOEVER LEAVES ME THE LONGEST/NICEST COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION!

Dedicated to: @breakfreenarry For best comment!