37.

Jane doesn't wander very far from me once my truck is out of sight and the wild animals start to use their voices and call out to their kind.

"I hope we don't get attacked by a bear." Jane suddenly says, looking around before walking closer to me. The nights crisp air makes it a bit cool since it did just recently rain.

"Well, I hope not and if we do I'll push you towards it." I laugh, shoving her shoulder after she gives me a death glare.

"That is so rude!" She lets out, hitting my side.

"I'm sorry." We walk in silence for awhile, Jane continuing to hold onto me with a tight grip, which I don't really blame her since it is a bit creepy walking around in the middle of nowhere when it's pitch black outside.

After a few more minutes of walking we come up on a sign that says Russellville is only three miles away. It may not seem very far, but when you're walking it in the dead of night it feels like the road goes on for hours.

"Really? It'll take us at least three hours to walk that at the rate we are going." Jane groans, as she stops to rub her feet. I slow down and say,

"We can bond." I laugh, as she looks up at me and shakes her head. I grab her hand and practically drag her to keep walking.

"Do you really have to pull me so hard?"

"I do or we will never make it home by sunrise." I'm tired as well, but I would really like to get home so I can check on Anna and also so I can get in a bed and fall asleep, because I'm almost positive that I have to work in the morning.

"Plus if we run part of it, it won't take near as long." I try to explain to Jane. When I look over her way, the look on her face is priceless.

"You really expect me to run? I am barely walking." She laughs, taking her shoes off and carrying them.

"It was just a suggestion."

"And a bad one at that." I shake my head at her and wrap my arm around her shoulder, pulling her body close to mine in an awkward side hug.

"Get off of me." She playfully says, shoving me over. I give her an over dramatic look, grabbing at my heart in a hurtful way before exclaiming, "Says the one who was weak at the knees only minutes ago back at the truck." I knew it would embarrass her and that's why I said it. Her cheeks turn a crimson red as she turns her face away from me.

"I was not," she mutters.

"Was too." I chime in, wiggling my eyebrows at her. She swats her polished hand in my direction before shaking her head in dismay.

"Well, if you're so confident that I was 'weak in the knees' why don't you just kiss me?" I'm a bit shocked at what just came out of her mouth, but I quickly recover. I walk over to her, towering over her petite figure and resting my lips just above her ear, letting my breath fan over her long blonde hair.

"Because that would just be too easy." I rasp, lingering there for a moment before standing back to watch her face.

"So I guess I'm easy then?" She crosses her arms, looking slightly pissed, but not furious. I begin to shake my head 'no'.

"You're not easy, Jane." I continue to shake my head, "not at all." It's silent after that, only the sound of our breathing can be heard. I'm a bit shocked at what Jane had said back there, about how she seemed so eager for me to kiss her. I mean, I like her and all, but I have Anna. I want to explore our relationship more before I start anything with Jane. But I'm slightly afraid the stunning blonde has already formed some kind of feelings for me. I know not long ago we had tried this before, casual flirting and a date here and there, but nothing serious, nothing more than a kiss.

"It got awful quiet." I glance over to see Jane looking up at me with her large ocean blue eyes. She starts to play with the hem of her shirt before I speak.

"It did." I want to say more, but I just don't know what to say.

"Are you mad? Did I upset you in any way?" She asked, with a concerned look on her face. I begin to shake my head no saying, "You didn't upset me, I was just thinking." I explain, glancing back down at her.

"What were you thinking about?" 

"You," I simply say.

| Authors Note |

Sorry it's kind of short, but I will be updating a lot quicker from now on.

Make sure to  vote and comment for quicker updates!