25.

The cool air around me sends a shiver down my spine, as the dark night starts to close in on me. The sun starts to lower in the sky as I walk through an empty space. I'm not really sure where I am or how I got here, but I must be here for a reason.

The farther my legs take me the more I realize where I am. The concrete stones around me start to get duller as I continue my journey through the graveyard. It's not till I'm face-to-face with the headstone of 'Daniel Sexton' that I start to grow anxious as to why I am here.

A little boy appears, probably around the age of three. He peaks out from behind a tombstone with piercing blue eyes. I'm taken back as to why a child would be in a cemetery at this time of day and also being alone.

"Hey, little guy." I try my best to not sound frightening, but oddly he doesn't seem to be scared.

He has dark hair and pale skin with blue eyes. He doesn't speak, but I'm not really for sure if he is even old enough to.

"What are you doing here?" he clearly speaks, without a stutter or hesitation. I'm taken back at how well he talks for looking so young, maybe he's older then what I thought.

"I'm not really sure why I am here." I truthfully admit to the child. I bend down so I am resting on my knees. We're now eye-to-eye level.

"I know why you're here. You came to see me." My eyebrows crease at the young boys words, but I'm too intrigued to interrupt him with pointless questions.

"You were sent to help me, I know it." He excitedly speaks. "I've been waiting years for this." I'm so confused at what the young boy is saying, but I'm very interested.

"Who sent me?" I finally ask.

"Someone, don't worry about it."

"Well, why was I sent to help you? Are you in trouble?" The boy looks down with a sad expression on his young features. He looks up at me with his big blue eyes and says,

"I'm dead, Harry." My mouth falls a gap. "What do you mean? How do you know who I am?" My mind swirls with questions.

"You have to help us, Harry. You have to." He almost begs as he starts to disappear.

"Who? Who is us?" I frantically ask, as he starts to slowly fade away into nothing. "Her..." He trails off as he points towards the house.

" Anna." My body jolts forwards as I wake up from a very weird, but realistic dream. My breathing is uneven as I slowly enter back into reality. I roll over onto my side as lightening strikes outside.

My hand lands on the book I started reading before I fell asleep. I pick it back up and start reading where I left off.

I'm about four pages into the book titled, "Secrets Within The Sextons" when I learn a shocking fact. Daniel Sexton was murdered October 12th, 1905. It doesn't say who killed the young boy it just says he was strangled and beaten to death. My heartaches knowing a three year old was brutally murdered like that.

I set the book down on the bedside table before getting up and heading towards the staircase. I am determined to figure out what that dream meant and how Anna is involved. I swiftly climb the stairs two at a time before standing before the old, wooden door. I take a deep breath before entering.

Lightening continues to strike outside and the branches on the trees brush and bang against the house and windows, creating an eerie feel. I light the candles that were up here last time. After successfully lighting all four wax sticks I stand in the middle of the room waiting, waiting for her to show herself.

Minutes pass and nothing happens, maybe she is not here. I start to leave, giving up on her, but before I can a voice stops me.

"Don't go." A soft, delicate voice speaks. I turn around towards the sound of her voice. There in the corner of the room she stands with her hands behind her back and hair cascaded down the front of her dress.

"I won't if you don't want me to." She nods before saying, "Stay. I want you too." This is oddly going better then I originally thought it would, I'm honestly shocked. She motions for me to take a seat on her bed, so I do. The springs squeak as my weight shifts on the mattress. She decides to stay standing from a few feet away.

" Harry, right?" I nod my head." I'm sorry about last night... Daniel is a touchy subject for me. " She puts her head down, acting as if she is about to cry.

"It's alright, I shouldn't of asked." I tell her. "It's fine you didn't know."She replies back, locking eyes with me.

"Can I ask you something? It's quite important to me." She seems almost hesitant to ask whatever it is. "Yes, of course."

"Why did you move into my house? You do realize all the memories that these four walls hold? I've always wondered this since you moved in." I think on her question, knowing at the time I just wanted to get away from my overprotective mother.

"Well, you see my mother was the main reason why I moved out and into this house. She likes to control my life even though I am a twenty-one year old man." I start to explain myself. " She has always liked to control my life, ever since I was little she has felt the need to. But recently I finally grew a pair and stood up for myself and told her I was moving out and away. It broke her heart to see her 'baby' go, but I had to get out of there." Anna listens with eager eyes, as she slowly makes her way to the edge of the bed where she sits gazing at me.

"Your mother seems like a wonderful woman, I have no idea why you would want to leave her." Anna says with all seriousness. "What are you kidding me? She is terrible- okay maybe not terrible, but she is pretty bad." I laugh, knowing my mother loves me dearly, she just needs to learn to let go.

"Well, to me she sounds lovely." Anna says, raising her head up. It's so odd how different she is acting tonight. Like one day she doesn't want me in her sight, then the next we are actually having a civil conversation. It's quite odd.

"So are you really a ghost? I know we have already gone over this, but I find it really hard to believe." I admit. I have always wondered if maybe this was some kind of twisted joke.

"Dead? Yes. Ghost? I'm not really sure. People say I am, but I don't really know, Harry." She explains. " Well if you're dead then why aren't you in the afterlife? Or wherever deceased people go." I questioned, not fully understanding all of this.

"Well, Harry I don't really know that either." Her features fall into a frown, as the truth of her words hit her.

" I've been up here for years, I just assume this is my resting place." She plays with the lose strings on the end of her dress, looking down at her feet.

"Do you remember being alive?" She slowly looks up at me, but in a non creepy way.

"Yes. I relive it all the time."

"What do you mean?" My eyebrows raise, intrigued to know the answer.

"Do you remember one time you came up here and I disappeared?" I nodded remembering how confused I was. "Well, when that happens I wake up to my old life. I run downstairs greeting my mother in the kitchen, as she fixes father breakfast before he leaves for work. My father always kisses me on the forehead before he slips out the door. Everything is perfect, back to normal. And then it happens." She pauses, looking over to the window where branches lightly rub against the glass.

"What happens?" I tilt my head to the side, trying to read her mind even though I know it's impossible.

"I-I- Max." And that's it. She's gone.

And so it begins...

I hope this chapter was confusing for you :P anything you're not sure about that just doesn't seem possible, it's all apart of the story. Like the little boy, he can talk good for a reason.
I will try my very best to update every week.

FOLLOW MY NEW INSTAGRAM: @ error.unhappy
I just made it last week (it's not 1D related) the account is just all quotes and I might start posting some of my own!

LEAVE ME NICE LONG COMMENTS IF YOU WANT A DEDICATION!

Dedicated to: @_change_