47.

"Harry, please slow down before you kill us." Anna says, grabbing at the handle above the window. I laugh at her reaction to riding in my old truck. She said it had been years since she rode in a car and that she could assure me that I was the worst driver she had ever ridden with. Of course, I just laugh and tell her she is crazy, I am a perfect driver... Okay, maybe not perfect, but still a decent driver.

"Oh, so now you're afraid of death." I tease, knowing she has a reason to fear for her life. If I was dead for as many years as her and I was given a second chance, I would protect myself from anything life threatening as well. Anna lightly punches my shoulder and turns away from me to look back out the window. I haven't yet decided where I am going to take her; it has to be special, something she would never expect.

"Are you ever going to tell me where we are going? Or am I going to have to continue my guessing game?" She looks back over at me, raising her brows. I take my hand and place my fingers over her mouth, whispering a 'shh'. Before I can retract my digits, she softly bites down on them. I yank my hand back and act as if I am badly hurt. She laughs, covering her cheeks so I don't see the tint of red they have become.

"Only been alive for a day and already inflicting pain." I act hurt at her, when I am obviously not. I find Anna's actions cute in a weird way. I guess it's such a nice and refreshing change to see her truly happy and so alive. I can't wait to spend more and more time with this amazing women.

About thirty minutes pass before I start to turn down a long gravel driveway. Anna raises her eyebrows and seems very suspicious and wary of where I am taking her. I place my hand on her thigh in a reassuring way, hoping she understands I would never mean to put her into harm's way.

"Please, just tell me where we are going." She whines, turning to face me with a pouty look.

"It's a surprise. I promise you'll like it," I try to sooth her wandering thoughts. I hope Anna will like where I am taking her, God, I hope she's not allergic or anything. Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all. The more I get to thinking about my choice of events for today, the more I seem to regret and fear them.

"A horse farm?" Anna asks, reading the sign and noticing the animals galloping through the field. I watch her reaction and just hope she likes what I had picked for the day. I really wanted to take her horseback riding, something I have wanted to do for years now, but never found the place or had the time to do so.

"It's been years since I've been on a horse. I've dreamed of riding again for oh so very long." I watch as her face lightens up and her smile stretches from one ear to the other. It seems I have picked the right place. I park the truck and we both get out, heading towards the area that has people companying it. I intertwine Anna's fingers with mine, bringing her close to me. After I pay and get saddled up, the instructor teaches us how to properly get on and off the horse and some basic knowledge and techniques.

"Alright, if you two will follow me, we'll get started on this trail ride!" Our male 'cowboy', as he insisted us to refer to him as, says. I laugh and try my best to lead the horse his way. Anna seems to be doing perfectly fine, and as with me, my horse, Samson, seems to have a mind of his own and doesn't want to play follow the leader. I continue to struggle for quite a while, but after a little while of riding he finally stops being so stubborn.

"This was such a wonderful idea, Harry." Anna leads her horse to ride side by side to mine. I smile over at her,

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself." I truly am glad she is having a good time. I still can't believe she is alive. It's so strange and hard to believe, I mean I'm not complaining I'm just curious.