17.

READ AUTHORS NOTE AT END

The sun blinds me as it peeps through the thin curtains, cascading a ray of sunlight over mine and Madison's faces. I shift on the mattress, trying to get comfortable, but Maddy seems to be a bed hog, taking up most of the plush comforter.

I hear a knock on the door but try to ignore it. Unfortunately it just grows louder at each passing second, so I drag myself, half-asleep, out of bed and head towards the living room where the banging is coming from.

"I'm coming!" I yell. It just gets louder, causing a headache to appear. "Charlie," I mutter once I open the door and see that it's the old fart himself trying to break down my door.

"Good, good, you're awake." he grins.

"What do you want?" I ask rather coldly.

He raises a brow before saying, "Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I just glare at him, not in the mood for his shit.

"Did you want something or not?" I don't understand why he's here this early, I'm pretty sure I don't have to work today.

"I just came by to tell you that the tower window broke and it needs to be replaced." I step out on the porch and down the stairs, not believing the stupid thing busted. I look up towards the sky, the sun blinding me.

"Of course," I mutter as I spot the broken glass, shattered.

"You might want to get that fixed or you'll have bats."

I scratch the back of my neck before saying, "Yeah I know." I start to head inside, hoping to get rid of the headache that has seem to appear since Charlie's door banging a few minutes ago.

"Oh, and one more thing."

"What?" I snap.

"Can I get your mother's number?" I glare at him, mentally planning his death, before he says, "I'm kidding. I was going to ask: will you come into work today for a few hours?" I reluctantly nod my head before heading inside, not really caring when I'm supposed to meet him in the backyard because Heaven knows he'll come banging again.

Once in the kitchen, I start a pot of coffee, hoping to wake myself up a bit. I grab some pain killers from the cabinet and I pop two in my mouth as I hear the creaking of the floor boards, followed by Madison wrapped in her pink robe.

"Good morning," I greet. She smiles at me before sitting down. I grab her a mug from above the sink, filling it with coffee, and sit it in front of her. "Did you sleep well?"

"Fine, you?" I nod my head, sitting across from her after filling my coffee up too.

"I have to go into work today," I say, leaning back in my chair.

"Oh." I shift in my seat, feeling the awkward tension slowly build up... soon I'll be able to cut it with a knife.

"I also have to run into town today to get a window." she slightly nods. "That one upstairs broke." she doesn't say anything after that, and I know why she's mad at me.

Last night things were going great, I'll admit, but then I had to ruin it. It just didn't feel right- I've known her for years, but she just got out of a relationship and I really don't think sex is something you should be doing if you just broke up with a long-time boyfriend/girlfriend. It's just not healthy. I feel like she was just using me to forget him, and that's not why I ever want to be intimate with someone. I guess I just got caught up in the moment, but thankfully I stopped it before it was too late.

"Are you mad at me?" I have to ask, even though I know she is. Why else wouldn't she be talking to me?

"I'm not mad...Just disappointed, I guess." she shrugs, not making eye contact.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't feel like it was a good idea since you just got out of a relationship with Carter." I try to explain, hoping to get her to talk to me. She quickly turns her head towards me.

"You think I was just using you, don't you?" she almost glares at me.

"I-I-" I'm at a loss for words.

"You thought I just wanted to forget about Carter by having sex with you. That's what you thought, wasn't it?" her eyes start to water. "You of all people. I thought you would understand." she starts patting under her eyes.

"It just looked that way. I could be wrong."

"You are wrong!" she sobs louder.

"Madison, then why did you try to...? If you just got of a relationship why did you try to get with me?" she shakes her head, rubbing under her eyes.

"You wouldn't understand," she tells me. I reach across the table, grabbing her hands.

"Try me." she avoids eye contact.

"It's pointless," she cries, black streaks running down her cheeks.

"No, it's not." I rub her hands, wondering what she has to say. "Tell me. Please."

She looks up, teary-eyed, before saying, "I love you. I've always loved you."

EDITOR: @directioneremo
Well that escalated quickly...
Soooo #Hanna? (Harry and Anna) or #Haddy? (Harry and Madison)

WHOEVER LEAVES ME THE NICEST COMMENT GETS A DEDICATION!!!

IMPORTANT READ!!!
Okay guys I am soooooooooo sorry for making y'all wait that long but don't expect an update in the next few days because I am currently working on writing a 5K story thingy for Psycho Sitter you're probably thinking 'isn't that story over with?' Well it is but there's something big coming for it so yeah I'm busy working with it.

HAPPY FREAKING NEW YEAR!!!

y'all know what that means new year new STORIES!!!! I already have two planned! I'm currently making the trailer for one y'all will like it if you like this story because it's like it in a way.

ily!

Chapter dedicated to: @heavenlytommo- For best comment!!!