33.

I head over to my room hoping to get a nap in before telling Anna about my new discovery. I just know she will want to head straight over there once I tell her. I kick off my shoes and lay down in bed, hoping to fall right asleep, which I surprisingly do.

It seems that only a few minutes has passed since I fell asleep, but when I look at my clock on my nightstand it reads '5:03pm.' I toss around in bed for a few more minutes until I start to hear a drizzle of rain coming down onto the roof. I sit up in bed, kicking my feet over the mattress and putting my shoes back on. I drag myself to the bathroom and brush my teeth, since my breath doesn't taste the best- and probably doesn't smell the best either. After using the bathroom I head upstairs in hope of finding Anna.

The stairs creak with every step I take, but it's not as creepy as it used to be. I have learned to ignore the noise and focus on the reason why I'm walking up the stairs, which is to see Anna.

I push the door open, it creaking as well. I flip the switch on after seeing Anna wave lately to me from her bed.

"Hello," I say waving back at her. She smiles brightly at me.

"Hey, how are you?" I walk closer to her until I'm at her bedside.

"Good, good. I came to tell you about my discovery." I tell her excitedly, throwing my hands up like an idiot that I know I truly am.

"Oh really? Tell me all about it!" I begin to tell her, but then I think to myself that it would probably be a better idea to just show her.

"So what do you say? Will you come back there with me?" She thinks hard on my offer, before sending me a bright smile that means yes. 

We head down the stairs and to the back porch where we then cross the backyard until we are in front of the gate to the cemetery. I move the small handle over that keeps the gate closed, letting Anna proceed first before closing the gate back.

"It's at the back of the graveyard, so it will take a few minutes to get there." I tell Anna, who looks deep in thought. I want to ask her what she is thinking about, but I don't want to come off as nosy. I can't stand when people ask me what I'm thinking or why I look so sad. It honestly gets on my nerves, but something tells me I should ask her about it anyways.

"Are you alright?" It takes her a minute to respond before she quickly says, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I was just thinking." I nod my head, telling myself not to push it but I know there is something else wrong.

"Are you sure there isn't anything wrong? Maybe something else that is on your mind?" I have always hated trying to figure out girls and you would think once they're dead you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore, but no I still do. But this girl is different, so I don't mind.

"This graveyard just brings back memories I guess..." She trails off, looking down at her hands. I stop walking knowing I must figure out what is upsetting her about this cemetery besides the obvious that it is, in fact, a cemetery.

"You can tell me whatever it is. If I would have known it would have upset you, I wouldn't have mentioned it." I feel slightly bad now since it was my idea to come here, but I just knew she would love it once she saw this place.

"It's just that someone very special to me is buried here and it just made me think of them since we are here." I nod my head in understanding and say,"If you want to go back we can. We don't have to go. It's honestly no big deal to me if we don't." She shakes her head no before grabbing my hand and enclosing it with hers.

We walk in silence only the sound of the night and all the creatures that lurk in it. Once we make it to the back of the graveyard we go straight into the woods, staying close to each other since the trees shade hardly letting any light seep through. Somehow or another I managed to remember how to get back to this place even in the dark night.