-𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂

IT WAS a new week at mckinley high, and all the cheerios were sitting on the bleachers in the gymnasium, waiting for their coach's instructions.

"roxy, what does your bracelet say?" sue exclaimed, pointer her finger at the girl.

"w.w.m.d." roxanne answered, holding up her wrist with the bracelet.

"what would madonna do? well, the answer to that question is usually date a younger man." sue said, pacing in front of the girls with her hands on her hips. "so, let's see some arm candy, girls." at her words, the cheerios all shared looks.

"sorry, freshmen. you're going to have to start trolling the middle school. and you know why? 'cause if you want to be as riveting a performer as madonna- a skill that would nab us nationals this year, you're going to have to start thinking like her, acting like her. also... à la madonna, I will no longer acknowledge that any of you have last names. becky jackson, from now on, you're just becky." becky clapped with a smile from roxanne's left.

"you know, it's like madonna once said, I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know what I want. if that makes me a bitch, okay. I'm pretty sure she stole that line from one sue sylvester. no, really, she stole it from me. I said it first.
palladium. '87."

later that day, all of the glee girls were sitting around in the choir room. for the most part, they all had quiet, individual conversations with each other- until rachel spoke up, "can I ask you guys something private?" she asked from where she sat, after watching roxy and quinn giggle as quinn sketched the berry girl on a piece of paper with words like "loser" written around her.

roxanne looked up at the Jewish girl in the back row of the choir room.

"yes, you should move to israel." santana nodded, making roxy and quinn snicker again at rachel's expense. rachel grabbed a stool and moved to sit in front of the glee girls.

"it's about dating." rachel said, causing everyone to look up at her. "not that I'm dating anyone. we all know that finn and I are no longer an item, and for the sake of the team, I broke up with jesse. but let's just say I was dating someone. let's just say, hypothetically, we went to a wiggles concert last friday night, and because my dads weren't home, we went up to my room and started making out. it was erotic and romantic. and then he said "we should do it," rachel ranted.

roxy raised an eyebrow at the girl who was obviously talking about jesse, "this is a really detailed hypothetical question," she commented with a bored expression.

"what if then he got really crabby and left, and didn't even take home the care bear I won him playing skee ball?"

"would you please stop talking? you're grossing out my baby," quinn spoke up.

"I just want to be ready; I know I'm getting older, and these things are going to happen someday, but how do I stop a guy from getting mad at me for saying 'no'?"

"just do what I do." santana said. "never say no."

"oh, totally." brittany agreed. "I mean, what's the worst that can happen?" as quinn looked down in embarrassment, brittany shot her a sheepish look before apologizing, "sorry, quinn."

"look, girl, don't ask me. the last guy I liked was the mayor of gay town." mercedes said, and roxy glanced over at her. "and I can't wait to get a guy mad at me for saying 'no'."

"my first time was in the guy's car in his parents' garage because he didn't feel like doing it on his bed, and i was too scared to say 'no'. I totally regret it." roxanne added truthfully, thinking back at the disgusting memory with a sour look on her face.