-𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔

WHEN KURT had invited roxanne to spend the day with him and brittany, the brunette quickly left the house to go to kurt's. she didn't go because she wanted to get to know him; rather, she merely needed somewhere to go because her father had just returned from his trip and she didn't want to be in the house.

the other two were currently in kurt's basement, waiting for roxanne to arrive.

the boy was wearing... whatever it was he was wearing, and he had given roxanne her own when she came.

 "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)", lip-synced and danced to by Kurt Hummel, Roxanne Perez, Brittany Pierce

when they noticed the music was turned off, the three stopped dancing and turn to see kurt's dad, burt, standing there. brittany and roxanne shared a look. "dad.." kurt trailed off, "you're home early."

"deadliest catch is on." his father replied, "what are you wearing?"

"it's a unitard. guys wear them to, uh, work out nowadays. do sports. they wick sweat from the body."

seeing burt's unconvinced face, roxanne put a hand on kurt's shoulder, "for football, mostly," she said before kurt looked at her and she nodded subtly.

"yeah, all the guys in football wear them. they're jock-chic," kurt lied.

"totally, kurt's on the football team now. he's the kicker. that's the smallest guy on the field right?" brittany added to the lie, and kurt turned to give her a glare.

"ye-yeah, britt and roxy were just helping me with some conditioning work,"

"hm. really? you know, I played in jc, before I busted up
my knee, popping wheelies on my dirt bike," mr. hummel
said.

"cool, I guess we'll have something to talk about then," kurt said with a chuckle.

"so one of you two his girlfriend?" burt asked, looking between the girls.

kurt put his arm around roxanne's waist and pulled her against him, and she sent Burt a fake smile. "but I'm not ready to be exclusive just yet." normally, the girl would have pushed him off of her in a second, but it was plainly obvious that kurt was gay, so she hadn't felt uncomfortable about that.

"hmm." burt eyed kurt.

roxanne held out her hand. "it's nice to meet you, i'm roxanne," and he shook her hand with a nod.

"nice to meet you too," he said with a tight-lipped smile before looking back at his son, "just keep the music down. I can't hear myself think up there." kurt nodded as his father started walking up the stairs, "hey, kurt? be sure to get me a ticket to your first game." kurt forced a smile and nodded.