-𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒉𝒐𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏

IT WAS GLEE REHEARSAL and the new directions were singing "don't stop believing". while most of them sang backup, finn walked forward, and quinn copied his movements.

the couple began to dance around each other as they sang, but roxanne noticed quinn's nauseous expression, before the music stopped. mr. schue watched the blonde leave as she ran out with her mouth covered, "quinn, you okay?"

"I think she just had a bad breakfast burrito." finn blurted out unconvincingly, and looked over at roxanne for her to back up his lie.

"yeah, I warned her not to eat it but she didn't listen,"
roxanne said.

"I had one too, it was disgusting- really bad," jj also added, and it made roxanne wonder if he knew about quinn too. he was one of Finn's closest friends, after all. "the bread looked expired. I saw mold on it, but I thought it was healthy- you know, ʼcause mold's a natural,-" he kept ranting before he noticed roxanne's glare and stopped talking.

"can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?"
kurt requested.

"your sexuality?" santana taunted with a smirk.

after giving the latina a side-eye glance, kurt said, "rachel. we can't do it without her."

"that's not true," mr. schuester denied, "we may have to
layer santana, roxanne and mercedes over quinn's solo, but... we'll be fine."

"maybe for invitationals, but not for sectionals and
certainly not regionals." artie told mr. schue. as much as everyone hated to admit it, they all knew it was true.

"the wheelchair kid's right," puck agreed, "that rachel
chick makes me want to light myself on fire, but she can sing."

roxanne wished puck would actually light himself on fire.

"rachel left, guys," mr. schue reminded, "she's gone. now, if we're gonna make this thing work, we can't look back. alright, take five, guys." everyone moved to sit down.

"i'm gonna go check on quinn," after receiving a nod from
her teacher, roxy walked out of the choir room and down the hallway and into the girl's restroom. "quinn?" She called softly.

"in here," quinn replied back weakly, opening the door to the stall she was in. the brunette walked in and locked the door after her, before sitting next to quinn on the floor.

"you feelin' better?"

quinn smiled softly at roxanne's genuine concern, "i'm fine, just morning sickness." the blonde was fighting back tears as roxanne pulled her in a hug.

" the blonde was fighting back tears as roxanne pulled her in a hug

ROXANNE eyed the older woman who stood in front of her. "guys, i'd like to introduce you to someone very special. this is april rhodes. she's our newest member." mr. schue introduced.