-𝒂𝒄𝒂𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒔

ROXANNE had been coming to the park for over two weeks, on the same days, from 4 am till 6, every time. she'd sneak out of her bedroom window with just her worn-out grey jacket and a pack of cigarettes, and walked to the park.

her family had just moved from manhattan to lima, and while it was a huge change and downgrade, she truly believed it would bring her family closer to each other, just like her parents made their kids believe.

however, roxy was suspicious as to why her parents made them move from a rich and luxurious town to a small one in ohio. plus, roxanne and her brother used to go a private school in new york but were starting their next school year in public school. did their dad lose his money? if so, how?

but, roxanne kept her thoughts private, as always. and she wasn't really complaining, but her curiosity let her mind wander off to a lot of possibilities as to why her life was changing this much.

she developed bad habits early in life, in secret, of course, although her parents didn't seem to be paying much attention.

she met jj at the park, on a random thursday. they didn't talk to each other at first, or get on very well and they actually really did, but they sat together on the foot of a tree, sharing a cigarette, shotgunning as they smoked. it was intimate, but they both loved every second of it. roxanne can still feel his soft breath fanning over her lips, and jj can still picture her inhaling the smoke, looking stunning doing so.

they would talk, mostly argue about the most random things, but when either one of them would talk about their problems, they'd never feel as comfortable as they did with the other.

however, when summer ended, so did their friendship, or whatever it was they had. but, roxanne couldn't lie to herself and say it didn't hurt, and neither could he.

 but, roxanne couldn't lie to herself and say it didn't hurt, and neither could he

THE GLEE CLUB was practicing mr. schuester's choreography, and they could all agree it was terrible.

"can we stop, please?" rachel finally interrupted.

"you don't have to ask me every time for permission to go through the bathroom, rachel. you can just go," mr. schue reminded the girl.

"it's not my bladder. it's the choreography,"

"okay, what's wrong with the choreography?" he asked.

"it sucks."

"it's boring."

"it's completely unoriginal."

rachel eyed the three cheerios in front of her, "aren't you guys going to get shunned for talking to me?" she asked.

"sweetie, we're a team now," quinn said in a fake voice, "but you gotta do something about mr. schue's dance routines."

"we can't compete with vocal adrenaline with these steps. you're a great vocal coach, mr. schue, but you're not a trained choreographer. that's what we need to be the best. we need dakota stanley." rachel concluded.