42

Felix

Pancakes are sizzling in the pan when everyone starts to get up. They all gather in the living room, Jisung and Chan staying behind to keep me company. Jeongin and Seungmin are the only ones not up, making me nervous.

My phone buzzes on the counter, so I step away from the pancakes to read the notification.

_____

Seungmin

Jeongin has an
iron grip on me.
I can't get up.
Help.

i'll send reinforcements

_____

I leave the pancakes with Chan, trusting his baking intuitions. When I enter the room, I expect to see Jeongin trapping Seungmin while sleeping. Jeongin's eyes are open, but his breathing is so shallow like he's sleeping. He's grabbing Seungmin's arm so tightly that his knuckles have turned white.

Seungmin makes eye contact with me, begging for help. I nod, going over and sitting on the bed.

"Jeongin? Hey, you gotta wake up," I whisper, shaking him lightly to not startle him.

This goes on for another three minutes before he blinks. When he looks up at me, there are heavy eye bags underneath his eyes. He lets go of Seungmin, but there's light bruising.

"Hm? What?"

I take ahold of his chin, inspecting his pale complexion. "Did you sleep last night? Are you feeling sick?"

"Just woke up a few times is all. I feel okay, just tired." He yawns, but his tone isn't true.

"Don't lie. Why couldn't you sleep?"

He shuts down, looking at the fabric covering their legs. He picks at it, completely avoiding my question. I sigh, "it's okay if you don't want to tell me. Come eat something and then you can nap while we watch a movie."

I hate seeing my younger friends like this. So traumatized and in so much mental pain. Even if I've gone through my own, their pain still affects me so much worse.