17

Jeongin

Jisungie hyung is coddled into my chest. The others had been worried so much that they wore themselves out. I volunteered to take him. We were close, so cuddling never bothered me.

I hum a song softly, brushing back his hair. I hate that my family is going through this. It's not fair. Why is this happening? It's killing everyone. I'm surprised Chan hasn't grown grey hairs with all of this happening.

I don't understand what's happening, either. Minho has explained it; I've seen it, but I don't understand it. I can't wrap my head around it. The things that are happening seem impossible.

How could someone randomly start drowning when they're not even close to water? How could someone get lost in the city they've lived in for years and, consequently, people not help them? It's too extreme.

When Hyunjin was lost, I was scared out of my mind. We tried to call and text so many times. All seven of us, plus staff, were out looking for him. And I swear... I swear I went through that park that Chan had found him in. Like I said, it seems impossible. But it's real, whether we like it or not.

-

An ache shoots through my neck when I come to. I shift, realizing the spot next to me was empty. He must've gotten up for breakfast.

I rub my eyes, sitting up. It was kind of quiet, but that's not too unusual. Our house seemed way quieter compared to the others'.

I head down to the kitchen. Hyunjin and Jisung were on the couch, both on their phones. They glance up at me, a weak smile on both of their faces.

I try smiling back, but I think it looked the same as theirs. It felt the same, anyway. I grab some breakfast, going back to my room to get ready for the day. Our schedule was starting back up again, unfortunately.

I look around for my belt, frowning when I can't find it. Seungmin seems so responsible, but whenever he borrows my things, he never returns them.

Sighing, my feet take me to his room. I knock first, waiting for a response. "Come in."

As I step in, his body is still in bed. "Hyung, where did you put my belt? I need it."

The silence sends a ring through my ears. Anxiety pierces my stomach. It's just paranoia. "Hyung."

I go over to him, shaking his bare shoulder. He was cold. "Seungmin." I shake him harder. His eyes stay closed. My fingers hesitantly press against his throat. Still.

"Hyunjin! Jisung!" I run to the living room, "there's something wrong... with..." My feet freeze in place.