48

Minho

"Guys, dinner is done! Come eat!" Chan shouts through the dorm. I want to keep my eyes closed, but I know I have to get up.

Felix holds my hand on the way there, though it was such a short distance. I appreciate him helping me. Changbin and Chan are standing with the food in hand. They're placing it on the table to make it look nice.

We all gather, silence just a mile away from our small talk. I shiver, suddenly getting cold. Jisung smiles at me, pulling out a chair for me to sit. I nod, silently thanking him.

As I sit, the chair disappears from beneath me. I desperately reach up to grab his hand, but it's too late. I'm absorbed by the darkness.

The pit was quiet. I was falling, yet I was floating. The hole of which I fell through was at the top, growing smaller until I couldn't see it anymore.

I hit the ground with a thud, a large pain erupting in my back. I groan, rolling to my side. If I keep my eyes closed, it's not real. I can't fall. I can't die.

Wind is licking my face. It's warm and inviting. How could it feel nice when this monster is so dangerous? Is it dangerous? None of us have really gotten hurt... besides Jisung and kind of Changbin and also Chan. I guess it can be harmful.

No. I can't think that way.

I sit up, slowly peeking open my eyes. I was on a building again, other towers standing in the distance. My heart skips a beat. Stop it, natural body reactions. I can't be afraid.

"Okay, Minho. It's fine. It's going to be okay."

Taking a deep breath in, I close my eyes. I will sit and wait. Everyone else only had to wait. Mine shouldn't be any different. It's not real. Just believe that and it will go away.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. This is not real. I'm sitting at the table with my friends. I'm going to eat dinner with them. This is not real. This is not real."

What if I jump off on my own?

"That's crazy. Would it work? It's not real. It's not real! Stop it, Minho. You're being afraid for no reason. Third time is the charm. You'll be fine like you always have been. I'll just wait a bit longer."

I look at the edge, my stomach churning at the thought of having nothing underneath my feet. Clenching my jaw, I lean forward, getting into a running position.

It's okay. It's okay. Believe you'll be fine. You're not scared. You're not scared. It's not real!

My feet take me forth even if my heart is screaming to stop. The building leaves my feet, wind rushing through my hair.

____

So sorry for the late update•