#8: jackass

The day was almost done, thank God. I couldn't stand this place much longer. Espesically since those idiots have decided to go to school. Now I'll have to do some serious dodging. I stacked my books into my locker, putting every misery filled binder away, not wanting to think about it anymore. I felt an arm being wrapped around my shoulder. I went stiff, going into attack mode.

The person laughed. "Don't be so stiffed up Mi Young, it's just me."

I relaxed and rolled my eyes. "Hyun Soo, what do you want?"

"I wanted to check up on my little sister."

I shut my locker and faced him. He had this grin on his face that made me want to smack him. He sometimes had this effect on me. I moved to one side so I could leave but he stepped in front of me, blocking my path. I stepped to the right, again the same result. "What do you want?" I asked in a sigh.

"Where did you get your new uniform?" Hyun Soo asked me curiously.

"I bought it, why?" I asked in a bored tone.

"With what money?"

"I know how to save my money, jackass."

"Hey, don't call your older brother a jackass," He pretend scolded me.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah okay, jackass." I continued, "Are you trying to buy yours?"

He nodded. "Yeah but they're like super expensive."

"Then why did you come to me?"

"To ask you where you got yours," He told me loudly. Then under his breath, "And hopefully get you to lend me some money."

I blinked. "Excuse me, what?"

He paused, then begged, wrapping his hands together in a begging pose and giving me puppy eyes, "Can you lend me some money so I can buy my uniform?"

"Okay first off, you know the begging and the puppy eyes don't work on me," I continued, "Secondly I dont have any money to give you. All the money I had was spent on my uniform."

"So you really don't have any money left?" He didn't bother to hide his disappointment, making me feel even more bad.

I shook my head. "No, I'm sorry, I just don't have any money left."

He turned around, wrapping his left arm around my shoulder as we started walking out of the school. "It's okay Mi Young."

"You could try getting a job," I suggested.

Hyun Soo laughed. "Yeah, me in a job, you're really funny Mi Young."

"Yeah, you're right," I said. "You're much too lazy for that." I ran away from him, laughing, knowing he would get mad at me.

"Yeah, you better run!" Hyun Soo yelled after me. I could hear him running. "Just wait till I catch you!"

+

Craddingly the guitar in one hand, I started strumming softly, practicing and practicing. Hyun Soo lifted up our sister and carried her into her room, kissing her goodnight and putting her to sleep and then rejoining me in my room. He sat next to me as I strummed more and more, changing chords and humming along to the song I was trying to play. It was one of my many songs that I've written. Every so often, I'd have to look over the guitar to my notebook that laid in front me, that had the chords and lyrics written out for me to remember.

Hyun Soo picked up the notebook, looking over it and reading it aloud, "30,000 miles up, feeling so free; wish it could always be like this; an escape from the reality..." He started bopping his to the rhythm of my guitar. "You know, Mi Young, you really are so talented at this stuff."

"What stuff?" I asked, a little confused. "Music?"

Hyun Soo nodded. "Yeah, music. Singing, writing music, playing all those intruments. You're very musically talented."

I snorted. "Yeah right with the singing part. I'm not meant to be a singer. I can't sing for my life. Writing music, I'm not sure if I'm good at. Same with the intruments. It's just something I've done so long, thanks to you, that now it just comes so natural. I don't know. It's not like I'll make a career out of this."

"I think you should," Hyun Soo told me. "You make great music. You should share it will more than just mom, dad, Da Som and me. Even the guys don't know about your talent."

I shrugged. "I'll probably just end up being a waitress at some bar, having horny drunk guys hit on me."

"If I'm there, all those guys will get their asses kicked."

I snorted. "Wow, protective much?"

"I have to be for you."

"Why? It's not like I'm in danger all the time. It's Da Som you should be protective over, not me."

"I am protective over Da Som but I have to be a good older brother and protect you both. Especially if you're gonna be a waitress at some bar having drunk horny guys hit on you."

I yawned, my eyes were feeling heavy. Hyun Soo noticed and smiled at me. He reached over and gently took the guitar away from me and picked up my notebook. He placed the guitar back in it's spot and put the notebook on the desk. My eyes started blinking slowly. I was getting more tired and tired as the minutes passed. He picked me up, wrapping his arms around my middle. My arms ended up around his neck and my legs wrapped around his waist. He carried me over to my bed. I was so light, it was easy for him.

He set me down in my bed, wrapping the blanket around me. Hyun Soo tucked a piece of hair around my ear and kissed my forehead. "Good night Mi Young."

I yawned again, closing my eyes for the last time. "Good night big brother."

Okay so this was a super super adorable ending OMG MY HEART ACTUALLY MELTED. Sorry for the long wait. I'll try and get another chapter up next weekend

Bye bye everyone

-Olivia <333333