#15: let's get this started

The front doors to the school slammed opened as I was revealed to the students of Jung Sang after a week of nothing and probably the truth of me exposed to everyone. Every single person who saw me froze and just stared at me. They all knew. A big lump grew in my throat, looking at everyone stare and whisper softly to one another staring at me. I didn't like this. I felt weak and not in control and I hate those feelings. An arm wrapped around my shoulder. I looked to my right to see my brother staring back at me, nodding. He didn't have to say any words. I knew what he was going to say. Everything is going to be alright. I nodded at me back. Everything will be alright. So I took a deep breath and stuck my head up high and walked with my brother.

Eye Candy's next mission: to not get kicked out of school, which should be easy enough if they keep quiet and don't, you know, be themselves. Who am I kidding, they'll never survive. But I had to seem supportive and positive.

Hyun Soo soon left after helping me get through the first crowd. He went to meet up with his friends somewhere, probably meeting up with them to make a plan. I kept walking and, still, people stared and whispered at me but I honestly did not want to pay attention to that anymore. I was trying my best not to anyways. It was hard to miss when someone would "whisper" about you when you were standing not even two feet away from them.

I turned a corner but then stopped, luckily not being seen. Su Ah's friend who I have finally learned their name as Deo Mi had her back talking to three girls about me. She had a real snotty voice on. "I just can't believe she never told anyone. I was friends with her and she didn't even tell me. I guess you really can't trust people, especially from the poor like her. I've heard they're sneaky." This bitch, I can't believe this. She's spreading things about me. I don't even know her. I literally just learned her name like yesterday.

I walked the other way. Is that what people were really saying about me? It was probably worse knowing my luck. God dammit. Why did Pyo Joo had to be the biggest ass known to mankind? I walked down the hallway toward my classroom. Again when I entered, everyone froze and stared and whispered. I took my seat in the corner and put headphones in. I will not let this affect me.

+

My free period was needed. I needed time to be able to leave my classroom and classmates and just stay by myself. I sat by myself watching people stare at me. When they stared at me, I stared back, harder, colder; a look Hyun Soo would be proud of. Immediately, they would look away. I guess my stare was too much for them to handle.

I turned my head to the left to see Su Ah, by herself serval feet away, she stared at me, clenching her binder to her chest. Was she going to say hi and talk to me? I honestly did not know if she would. Why would anyone want to be caught with me? I couldn't keep a cold stare at her. It didn't feel right. Su Ah was so sweet and kind; you can't glare at her.

A figure blocked my view. Actually two. I took out my earphones and looked up. Our principal and another man stood in front of me. I got up and did a small bow at them. "Mrs. Lee," our principal said. "We need to have a word with you."

The man took out a police badge and showed me. "It's about the assault on Pyo Joo."

+

The man stood in front of me as I sat behind a table in a small classroom no one used. There was very little light. The man took a seat in the seat in front of me and began his questioning. "I am aware you are related to one of the suspects." He looked down at his files. "His kid sister." He looked up. "And also were reported to have witnessed the crime."

"The crime?" I chuckled humorlessly. "How is that a crime? Pyo Joo got beat up for being an ass."

The police officer didn't expect me to curse. He examined my face, probably looking at the bruises that were there. They were healing pretty well now. "What happened to your face?"