#12: nothing stays bad forever

He was dead. Byung Hee was dead. Our leader was dead. He got ran over by a bus according to Hyun Soo when he came home and told me what happened. They were looking for him. Byung Hee was crossing the street, slowly. He was bleeding badly from his head; he was all beaten up. No one really knows what happened. No one knows why he was out or why he was beaten up. Which made everything else, even worse. We all just wanted answers. But no one had them. 

I sat on the floor in a black dress at his funeral with the other boys. I sat next on the end next to my brother, my legs stretched out in front of me. I moved my hair slightly to hide some of the bruises, not all of them. They were still dark purple. No makeup could cover it. Byung Hee's grandmother and father sat in front of us on the other wall, alone. His grandmother was crying..actually more like sobbing. But his father was drinking. His grandmother took the bottle of alcohol away from his father's mouth, sobbing, "No! Stop drinking! Oh...what to do.."

A couple of girls were there. One girl was on her knees crying out, "Byung Hee!" It hurt every time hearing it. I don't know how much more I could last listening to it. "Did you see who did this?! Who did this?!"

Ji Hyuk's hand hit the wall. He stood up then ran out. He must've reached his breaking point. I looked next to me. Hyun Soo looked so in denial, so lost, so angry. His hand started shaking. I grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze. He looked up at me with eyes filled with tears of anger. 

"Everything's going to be okay," I told him as softly and comforting as I could.

Hyun Soo waited for a moment, trying to find the right words. "Is it?" His voice cracked when he asked that.

This time, I was the one who hesitated. "Nothing stays bad forever. It has to get better." Hyun Soo looked back forward. That girl was still crying. I couldn't take it anymore. I felt like I was going to explode. I stood up and ran out. I couldn't take it anymore. I heard someone following me, probably Hyun Soo. 

Before I could leave the funeral home, a hand grabbed mine and twisted me around. Ha Jin was the one who pulled me around. I looked down, not wanting him to see the bruises. For some reason, I just couldn't have him see me with these bruises. It hurt me as much as it did having to show Hyun Soo. 

"Are you okay?" Ha Jin asked me softly. "You rushed out real quickly."

"I just couldn't take it anymore. Every cry that girl did ripped my heart more and more," I told him while looking at my shoes. "But are you okay?"

I heard Ha Jin's voice crack. "I-I really don't know. It's Byung Hee. I don't know how we will honestly continue. I'm scared. I don't know what to do. I just really wish I could've done something to stop this from happening, you know? Like I wish there would've been something for me to have done."

I wrapped my arms around him. He sounded like he needed a hug. His body was ridged at first because he was shocked by my sudden action of affection but then he relaxed and hugged me back. We stayed like that for a little while, I guess we both needed it. It felt nice and calming in his arms. He was warm and a great hugger. I wanted to stay like this forever but unfortunately...

Ha Jin let go of me and lifted my face up and tucked the hair covering some of the bruises behind my ear. Ha Jin was different from Hyun Soo. He tried to stay calm. He was trying all his best I could see it. But he was still angry. So angry. He also looked so worried and hurt. He looked like he cared about me and that was so foreign to me honestly besides Hyun Soo and my family. I mean I knew his friends loved me like a little sister of their own but still. "Who did this to you, Mi Young?"

"Ha Jin, please.."

"Mi Young, who dared to hurt you like this? These are deep bruises. Who did this to you and why?" He fired me questions. 

"Ha Jin, it's not important right now."

"I beg to differ, it's very important right now."

I placed my head down and just started crying. I couldn't stop crying. I don't know what I was crying about. I don't know if it was because of Byung Hee or because of the bruises or the fact that Ha Jin cared so much and he looked so hurt that I was beaten up and that made me feel awful because it was all my fault and I was the reason I hurt him. 

He pulled me now into a hug. But this hug was different. I was engulfed in his arms. His tall frame protecting my short one. Ha Jin's hug this time was full of pure love and the need to protect me. I could feel that need. It was so strong. Ha Jin cared so much for me. Why was I just realizing it now? Why was I so oblivious to see how he really cared about me? It was like I was his sister, not his friend's sister. 

"Thank you," I said in his warm chest. 

"If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here, Mi Young, I hope you know that," he told me softly. 

I nodded. "I will defintley talk to you, Ha Jin, don't worry."

"I swear to God, I'm gonna beat up the person that did that, I'm not gonna let them get away with this." I nodded again, not saying anything. 

"Thank you."

SO I am sorry that this chapter is short but it's kinda a little filler chapter. I have really missed writing Ha Jin x Mi Young moments since I just love that ship so much. (I hope yall love it as much as I do). Anyways thank you for all the reads <3333 I'm so thrilled you all love this story as much as I love writing it. Please favorite and I'll see you guys next chapter!