#2: im not on the track team

Today was our last day at our high school, Dong Nae High. And because it was, I totally forgot to wake up at my usual time, which meant I slept in a little later than I should have. Normally, I had Photography club before school, which was the reason why I wake up early and ride my bike to school but I missed it. Which was why I was walking with my brother and his friends this morning instead with being at school. And they couldn't stop talking about the show last night.

"Did you hear all the girls who came yesterday night?" Kyung Jong raved. "They were screaming our names."

My brother reached over and ruffled his hair. "That's the basic code of conduct for groupies. If they are going to spill the beans, they have to give up their title of groupies." Hyung Soo ruffled my hair next. "Which we won't have to worry about with Mi Young."

I looked back at him and glared. "I swear, I'm going to kick you in the face."

"Do you think Shil Ba noticed?" Kyung Jong asked. Just thinking about Shil Ba gave me jitters.

Ha Jin ruffled Kyung Jong's hair. "You idiot. How could he have found out?" 

"Ah, lots of ways," I answered honestly, tucking my hands into my uniform jacket pockets. It was so cold tonight, I could see my breath. Why didn't I bring a scarf like Hyun Soo? "Thanks to some idiot, She pressed a button that let your music be heard very loudly outside." Ha Jin glared at me. I just shrugged. "Hey, I was being honest."

Sounds of skateboarding was coming closer to us. We all turned our heads to the left to see Do-il skateboarding towards us. "Do jjang!" The guys greeted as Do-il stopped and picked up his board. 

"With the entrance fees we got yesterday, let's get new drums. His were damaged last night," Ji Hyuk announced.

"Didn't we agree that we would buy new amps?" My brother brought up. "Yours are the only ones that work alright. Only yours."

"Then Do-il should perform with only sticks in his hands?" Ji Hyuk asked sarcastically. "Punk."

Hyun Soo rolled his eyes slightly. I didn't know what was up with him today. He seemed kinda on edge ever since he woke me up this morning. Maybe he's just suspicious...? I don't know. I can just bother him about it later until he eventually just groans very loudly and tells me. That's how most of our conversations go. 

But of course, Mr. Downer needed to speak up and inform everyone that, "Hey guys, we don't have money . So what should we do?"

 We all stopped and looked at him. "What?"

Kyung Jong continued to explain. "I went to Woo Kyung yesterday. He said they gave it to him."

Ha Jin hit the back of Kyung Jong's head. "You. Hey! Why do you always leave the most important part? Its frustrating!"

"Did I do it on purpose?" Kyung Jong shot back.

I closed my eyes and groaned. "Oh my god, you guys are seriously like an old married couple."

Kyung Jong and Ha Jin both glared at me as the other guys just supressed a laugh. Kyung Jong continued, still eyeing me, "He said he gave it to Byung Hee's mom."

Ha Jin blinked. "Byung Hee?"

//

It was like that conversation didn't even happen. Because then, Ha Jin was trying to ride Kyung Jong's bike that he has been rolling with him while Kyung Jong chanted something. I was in front of them with Ji Hyuk and my brother. 

"I swear those kids are weirdos," I commented, mostly to myself but to them also. Before they could even answer, someone bumped into me, sending me to the ground. 

I fell straight onto my ass, blinked then realized who it was. "Byung Hee?!" Hyun Soo helped me up. Byung Hee was dressed in his usual jacket but with something tied around his waist. "What the hell are you wearing?"

"Hey, wait a second!" Byung Hee ran over to Kyung Jong's bike and scooted the childish boys off the bike. "Get off, get off. Quick, quick!"

"Why are you in such a rush?" I asked him. 

Byung Hee just looked at me with wild eyes before finally mounting the bike. He then smiled. "Run fellas." Then he was off on Kyung Jong's bike. 

Run fellas? What did he mean?

Ji Hyuk called after him, "Hey, where are you going?!"

"I really love you guys!" Byung Hee called back.

"What kind of situation is this?" Ha JIn asked Ji Hyuk. 

Ji Hyuk was about to say something when Kyung started running, crying, "Oh no! Shil Ba, Shil Ba!"

"Where's Byung Hee?" Shil Ba called at us.

"What's going on?" Ji Hyuk shouted.

"Just run!" I cried, already beginning my run. The sounds of morning that were usually peaceful were now ruined by us noisy teenagers and an agressive teacher who was shouting at us. My breathing became heavy very quickly and it just reminded me more and more why I wasn't on the track team. 

The thing that really hit me in the balls though, was the fact that Byung Hee wasn't even running, he was riding Kyung Jong's bike. Uh, asshole. 

I started slowing down, unable to run anymore. But with one swoop, Ha Jin grabbed my arm and helped me keep running. Why? I have no idea. And I couldn't think about it. We were busy running from a psychotic teacher that hated all of our guts.

Thanks Byung Hee.

So generally these chapters are going to be shorter only because since there's only 16 episodes and I want to drag it as long as I can ;)

VOTE+COMMENT+SHARE+FOLLLOW

BYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE