#11: the girl sterotype

The end of the day, thank GOD. I was so ready to leave. I almost got caught again. Everyone almost found out AGAIN. I need to learn to be more careful about this. I need to know how to act natural and blend in with everyone else when it came to Eye Candy. I just had to figure it out....

A hand grabbed mine and pushed me up against the locker. Pyo Joo stared back at me. His arm was over my head, touching the top of my locker and he leaned so close to me. He had a playful smirk on his face as he looked at the way I glared at him. Beside him were two of his goons. Probably two scaredy cats who didn't want to face him. "I don't think we were able to finish our chat earlier."

I decided to play stupid. I smiled back at him, tilted my head and crossed my arms. "And what do you mean? I don't remember a conversation." He lifted an eyebrow at me and I started regretting my decision to play stupid. Shit.

"You don't remember, you say?" He asked me in a dark tone. "Maybe I should jog your memory." My face dropped which caused him to smirk even more.

He grabbed my left elbow tightly and started dragging me to the right, down the hall. His goons closed my locker and grabbed my bag and coat. Pyo Joo dragged me to a section of locker a few down where it made a dead end. It was dark and no one was around. He threw me to the ground. I slid, hitting the radiator at the end of the dead end.

"Now," He started. "I'm gonna ask you again. How do you know Eye Candy?" I didn't answer him and he continued talking. "I've seen you once with one dragging you away and another time with one hugging you and acting close with you. So obviously, you know them. But how do you know them? That's the one part I can't seem to figure out."

"Why do you care how I know them?" I spat at them, glaring ice cold, just like Hyun Soo's classic ones. Hey, younger siblings always look up and copy their older siblings.

Pyo Joo came close to me and bent down. "I'm going to assume you've never read War and Peace. Well, in that book, the best way to defeat an enemy is by knowing everything about them. So the fact that I can't seem to figure out how you fit into the puzzle, I've decided to ask you yourself. Can you answer my question please?" I didn't answer him again, I just continued glaring at him.

Pyo Joo got up and moved back to where he was standing before, about six feet away from me. "If you don't start answering questions, I'm just gonna beat the answers out of you. So your choice."

"Wow, real mature," I commented. "Do you have a younger sibling? How would you like it if your enemy beat them up?" I covered my mouth. Oh my god, what did I just say? I had no control of what I was saying. It just slipped out.

His eyes brightened. "Younger sibling? We're getting somewhere. Who's younger sibling are you?" I refused to answer. I stood up from where I stood and tried running away, trying for every opening. He laughed at me, grabbing me and throwing me in front of him.

I went into fighting mode, positioning myself. I knew it was coming. I went with a punch, aiming for his face. He dodged it easily and punched me in the cheek. I could feel it already bruised. My hand went to my cheek, which gave him the opportunity to punch me again in the jaw. I kicked him in the groin but he caught my leg before it hit him. He threw me backwards. It all happened so fast. One moment I was in the air and the next I hit my head on the radiator.

My hand went to my head. "Ow...Nice job. Beating up a younger junior girl."

Pyo Joo kept looking at me but spoke to the goon holding my coat. "Give me her phone." The guy quickly found it and handed it to him. Pyo Joo opened it and smiled. My screensaver was a photo of my family. I took it on Christmas last year when my parents' work gave them off and they were able to spend the holiday with us. It was me, my parents, Da Som...and Hyun Soo.

"Such a nice family photo," Pyo Joo commented. "And I see you're Hyun Soo's little sister." He handed the phone back to the goon, who put it back in my coat pocket. "I wish this would've gone over better for you, but now I'm glad I finally found out." He turned and started walking away. His goons threw my bag and coat to me and joined Pyo Joo.

The first thing I grabbed was my phone. Hyun Soo had just texted me asking me where I was. We always walked home together. I texted him back for him to go without me, that I got caught up with something and I'd meet him at home. And with that, Hyun Soo texted me back to be safe when coming home.

I tried standing up, but my legs were so wobbly. I grabbed the radiator to help me keep steady. Eventually I was able to stand properly. That was my first time in a fight and getting beat up. I felt so scared. I grabbed my bag and coat and ran towards the bathrooms that were still opened.

In the mirror, a giant deep bruise formed on the right side of my jaw and my upper left cheek. My hand was gliding along it and suddenly, my hand started shaking uncontrollably. I couldn't stop shaking. I was too weak. I was too weak against them. I should've been stronger, just like Hyun Soo. God, I wish I was like Hyun Soo like that. Why did I have to act like the sterotype of a girl. I never fit that sterotype. But today....today I was weak. I was terrible at fighting. I was pathetic.

Nothing was in my control. I started crying. I couldn't stop crying. I sat on the floor of the bathroom, my back pushed up against the wall, facing the door. I just couldn't stop crying. Why was I so weak? Why was I so stupid? Why did I think this school would be different? My hands reached to my hair. I ran my fingers through my hair and I just continued to sob. I sobbed and sobbed and cried until there was no more tears left. Why was I so weak?

+

I really didn't want to go home. I didn't want Hyun Soo to see me like this. I didn't want him to see the bruises. But I had to. I had to help with Da Som. It was dark when I got home. I took my shoes off and hung my coat and bag.

"Big sister!" I heard Da Som's little adorable voice run over to me, hugging my leg.

Hyun Soo chuckled. "Mi Young, what took you so long getting home? I was getting worried something might've happened."

I could feel my face getting red and tears about to burst out. I turned around. Da Som let go of my leg and moved a few feet away, worried. But that wasn't the worst of it. Hyun Soo's face dropped from the smile he had on before. He was angry. Furious, in rage, anything more extreme than angry actually. He ran over to me, his hands all over my face.

"Mi Young, who did this to you? Tell me right this instant." His voice was urgent. He stopped touching my face.

I looked down, I couldn't look up at him. I couldn't face him. I was so pathetic. "Hyun Soo...." My voice was soft and fragile.

"Mi Young, tell me right now who hurt you like this? I have to hurt them. I can't have them get away with this." Hyun Soo was so angry, I was afraid to tell him.

My lip started squivering. I could feel tears building in my eyes. "Pyo Joo..."

Hyun Soo was about to blow when his phone rang. He picked it up. I looked up at him. His eyes widened and he looked scared. He hung up and spoke, "I have to leave, something might've happened to Byung Hee. When I get back we're going to talk about those bruises again." I nodded. Hyun Soo quickly grabbed his coat and put on his shoes and out he went. Now I had to take care of Da Som, I had to be strong for her.

I wiped my tears and put on a smile and looked down at Da Som. "Da Som, did you eat?"

Da Som looked scared but nodded. "Big sister...are you okay?"

I bit my lip, trying to hold it together for her. I nodded and tried smiling again. "Big sister is fine, Da Som, don't worry. Let me get you your medicine and put you to bed."

So this was defintely a more intense chapter. You guys got to see a more fragile and delicate side of her. I am really not excited to write the next chapter for all that know what's next in the show.....anyways please vote and share with friends <3 thank you for everyone giving this story love and giving me your feedback! I'm so happy so many of you enjoy and love this story because I love writing it and have so much planned. OK BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE