#22: watching on the sidelines

10 COMMENTS FOR NEW UPDATE!

Eye Candy was starting promotions and their first ever interview was happening. I sat in front of the TV anxiously with Da Som next to me, who tried to put on a happy face. It wasn't that she was unhappy for Hyun Soo, she was actually so excited just like me. However a couple days prior, she had suffered from another attack and had to be hospitalized. Today was the first day she was allowed back home. I felt so bad for her. This poor little girl has always been sick and she's having such a hard time. I wished I could save her from this pain.

"Da Som, would you like some water before the interview starts with Hyun Soo?" I asked her. I was so concerned about her. I didn't want her to have another attack.

Da Som nodded weakly. I got up and filled her a glass of water quickly before coming back and sitting next to her. I lifted her small body up and put her in between my legs and put my arms around her.

Just then, the interview started.

"Hello everyone! Tonight we have a hot flower boy band, Eye Candy!" The energetic host beamed. "Hello!" She said to them.

"Hello, we're Eye Candy," they all said.

The boys all looked so awkward up there and didn't know what to do. I started getting nervous. I hope this interview goes well for them. They need it.

The host smiled even more. "Do you realize how popular you are these days?"

Ji Hyuk smiled awkwardly and answered, "Well..not really.." His voice was so quiet.

Hyun Soo spoke next and he spoke loud and clearly. He smiled. "We've only practiced and stayed in our dorm, so there hasn't been much time for us to fully realize our popularity."

"Big brother!" Da Som beamed. She smiled so brightly seeing him on the screen.

I looked down at her and smiled. "Yes, Da Som, big brother is on the screen."

Thank God he was because he was doing a great job.

"What kind of music does Eye Candy produce?" The host asked, just as energetic as she always is. How is one person so energetic? "Please introduce your music to the audience." She gestured to the camera with a smile.

No one said anything and Hyun Soo with a huge smile plastered on his face started elbowing Ji Hyuk. Oh no..

"You'll know when you listen to it." Ji Hyuk said broadly. Again, he tried to smile but he looked so awkward there. Oh no, this isn't turning out well.

The host seemed to have not expected that so she tried to awkwardly ask another question. "I understand your debut stage is this weekend. What type of stage will you be preparing for us?"

Hyun Soo looked at Ji Hyuk expectantly. Again he hesitated and replied softly and awkwardly. "We'll just be doing what we've been doing."

The host yet again did not expect that kind of answer just like me and I'm sure every other viewer. What was going on with him? The host paused and continued. "Kim Ye Rim's announced that she's a fan of yours."

Ha Jin smiled and answered, "Oh, Ye Rim? We're so grateful. She's so pretty inside..and out." I raised an eyebrow at that.

"Then is Kim Ye Rim your ideal woman?" the host asked.

"Well, you could say so.."

I wasn't sure how to feel. I mean we all have celebrity crushes. I sure do and that was his. It was just that..him announcing it on national television made me feel weird.