20. Bastard

Hoax // Benjen Stark Out Now!!

Aemond and Aisha were walking back to the castle when he remembered that Laena had a dragon.

"Do you know if they brought your sisters dragon?" Aemond asked cautiously.

"I think so... why?" Aisha asked and she saw that look in his eyes. "No, Aemond no." Aisha begged. "She is the largest dragon and she killed my sister. She i's dangerous. Dragons are dangerous."

Aemond knew that Laena had a dragon and it would be his. Aisha saw it in the distance the same time as Aemond.

"No, Aemond. I can't lose you too!" Aisha begged. But he ran over the beaches and he saw it. Vhagar. Vhagar was sleeping, breathing deeply her breath blowing the sand from her face as Aemond approached.

"Aemond!" Aisha hissed chasing after him. "Aemond no!"

"fսck.' Aemond whispered as Vhagar snorted, her deep exhales, Aemond thought she could swallow him up in a single breath if Vhagar wanted to. Aemond reached for the ropes and Vhagar woke, she snorted out at Aemond, he had to be brave he stood tall and strong.

"Ae-' Aisha stopped short. She was of water, her Velaryon roots ran deep, she didn't understand the need for fire.

"It's okay Aisha." Aemond assured. Vhagar went back to sleep. Aemond tried again, Vhagar lifted her head, opened her mouth, Aemond stared at the fire boiling in the back of her throat. Aisha couldn't breathe she stood frozen in place.

'' Dohaeras!'' Aemond shouted.  ''Dohaeras, Vhagar!'' Aemond demanded and Vhagar settled. ''Lykiri! Lykiri!''  Vhagar quieted.

"Aemond don't..." Aisha whispered. But Aemond smiled back at her.

  ''Lykiri.'' He shouted.  Vhagar inhaled deeply allowed Aemond to climb up. He gripped the ropes and the saddle tightly he felt the heavy purr of Vhagar under him.

"Aemond!"

"I'm okay Aisha. I'm okay." Aemond assured Aisha stared up at him. He looked like he belonged up there.

''Soves!'' Aemond declared and Vhagar grumbled ''Dohaeras, Vhagar! Soves! Ah!'' Aemond screamed out in fear and joy as Vhagar took to the sky. Sweeping over the city. 

Aisha ran, following his direction but she lost him quickly in the darkness.

''Jace, Jace. Jace, wake up.'' Baela declared, the twins had seen Vhagar take off.  ''Wake up. Someone stole Vhagar.''

''What?'' Jace questioned rubbing at his eyes.

''Who is it?''

''Jace, what are we doing?'' Luke asked it was far to late for them to be up and about.

''It's him.'' Rhaena remarked bitterly.

''It's me.'' Aemond agreed, he just had the ride of his life, he had a dragon now.

''Vhagar is my mother's dragon.'' Baela shouted.

''Your mother's dead. And Vhagar has a new rider now.'' Aemond said proudly.

''She was mine to claim.'' Rhaena shouted in outrage.

''Then you should've claimed her!'' Aemond countered smugly, he was a dragon rider now, Aisha would see him as a real man and she would stay for him, stay in the capital for him.  'Maybe your cousins can find you a pig to ride. It would suit you.'' Rhaena didn't like that one bit she charged at him. Both twins but Aemond struck them down. ''Come at me again and I'll feed you to my dragon!'' Aemond warned and Jacaerys yelled out as he charged. They all charged at Aemond getting him to the ground, punching him. But Aemond had fire in him. He kicked the girls off and sent a punch to Luke's face, breaking his nose.