13. Prove me wrong

''Soften your knees. Feet light.'' Criston remarked as the young princes were training together in the courtyard.

''Keep your feet light and your hands heavy.'' Harwin instructed. He of course had taken a keen interest in the princess Rhaenyra's childrens training. Aegon smiled back at Aisha as she sat on the wall watching him train. He winked over at her.

"Focus my prince." Criston said looking to Aisha. She looked down to the book in her lap, the book to which she hadn't read a word of since coming outside but a courtyard where the princes were training was no place for a lady.

"I am focused." Aegon countered smugly licking at his lips. Aisha giggled her heels hitting the stone wall lightly as she swung her legs.

''This is the stuff, Lyonel. Lads that learn together, train together... knock each other down, pick each other up. They will certainly form a lifelong bond, wouldn't you agree?'' Viserys questioned as he watched from above. His sat in his chair, as he often did for age did not suit him, he knew he was dying but wasn't every day a gift, he had lived this long, ruled this long to see his grandchildren brought into the world, to have four beautiful children of his own. But he felt himself growing weaker.

''That is the hope, Your Grace.'' Lyonel agreed.

''Don't stand too upright, my Prince. You'll get knocked down.'' Criston warned and Aegon let out a grunt of distaste. ''Aegon.'' Criston began.

''I've won my first bout, Ser Criston. My opponent sues for mercy.'' Aegon said pompously he looked back at Aisha. She was transfixed by him until Jace came up and leaned into her.

"What are you reading?" Jace asked and Aisha chuckled.

"Arent you supposed to be training my prince?" Aisha asked brushing his hair behind his ears. Jace nodded but didn't move from her side.

''Well, you'll have a new opponent then, My Lord of the Straw. Let's see if you can touch me. You and your brother.'' Criston offered.
"Aisha, watch us kick Criston's ass.' Aegon instructed and Jace spun around leaning back into Aisha's legs. She wrapped her arms around him as she leaned forward.

"I'm ready." Aisha told him. "But I think you underestimate our Ser Criston."

"Thank you my lady." Criston said nodding to her.

"Or perhaps my sweetling you underestimate my skills." Aegon countered.

"Prove me wrong." Aisha challenged and Aegon and Aemond stepped forward, sparring swords lunging at criston but he was skill warrior. The princes were yelling and grunting as they lunged and failed to knock criston down.

''You're gonna have to do better than that.'' Criston said smugly as he whacked Aegon's ass with the flat edge of his blade. Aisha tried to stifle a laugh but it broke through. Aegon stared back at her.

"Prince Jacaerys, come on back. Won't be impressing lady Aisha if you can't defend her." Harwin remarked and Aisha let him go. Begrudgingly he moved back to the training dummies.

''Ah. Weapons up, boys.'' Harwin remarked coming up to Rhaenrya's children. ''Give your enemies no quarter.'' Harwin glanced over at Criston and Aegon and Aemond, Rhaenyra's children seemed left out of the training most days.

''It seems the younger boys could do better with a bit of your attention... Ser Criston.'' Harwin remarked and Criston turned to him stiffly.

''You question my method of instruction, ser?'' Criston asked calmly.

''Oh, I merely suggest that method be applied to all your pupils'' Harwin suggested nodding to Jace and Luke.

''Very well. Jacaerys... come here.'' Criston agreed ''You spar with Aegon.'' Aegon chuckled seeing his younger nephew step forward nervously. ''Eldest son against eldest son.''