chapter thirty-six

Y/N:
Unfortunately the day has come where I move back to Boston. I only say 'unfortunately' because it means I don't get to see my parents and Kate everyday. Other than that I'm actually looking forward to starting back at college.

Amelia and Charlie already moved everything of theirs in a few days ago so most of the apartment has already been decorated, I only have to do my bedroom and bathroom.

The place is a lot bigger than where I was staying last year. I mean, it's like a whole house. Three bedroom, three bathroom and a separate kitchen from the living and dining room.

My bedroom is also at the opposite end of hallway to Amelia and Charlie's, so it means I get a lot of privacy which I love.

Kate and I started taking the boxes out of my car and up to the ninth floor. Mom and Maria took a separate car but I think they stopped for gas on the way so they're a little bit away.

By the time they got here, we'd almost finished moving all the furniture around in my room. "I'm proud of us, this looks good," Kate acknowledges with a smile. "Yeah," I sigh, "do you think we could leave the boxes in the middle of the floor? I've had enough for today."
"Let's just get your moms to do it," she shrugs. "Fair call, they took there sweet ass time getting here," I decide.

"Mothersss, we're taking a break. Can you start unpacking my boxes since you've done nothing but sit there?" I grin cheekily. "Sure," Maria chuckles. Mom stays silent and glares at me.

"Why are you grumpy?" I ask. "I'm not," she says.

"Maria, why is mom grumpy?"

"They messed up her lunch order and then Starbucks gave her the wrong coffee," she explains.
"Wait, you stopped for lunch and coffee and didn't bring us anything?" I question.

"...yes?"

I scoff jokingly and shake my head before reaching for my keys. "Alright, we're going to get food. We'll be back in an hour," I inform them. "Bring me home something?" Mom smiles hopefully. "Fine, if it stops me from having to put up with your moodiness," I giggle, taking Kate's hand and walking out the door.

I took my girlfriend to my favourite Italian place. The same place Mom and I went just before summer started. We both ordered a pizza knowing that we probably wouldn't eat a whole one each, so there would be leftovers for Mom and Maria if they wanted it.

When we got back, all of my clothes had been put away and my bed had been made. "We come baring pizza," I announce. Mom's head whips around to me as she smiles. "I love you," she walks over to me and kisses my cheek. "Yeah, I love you too," I laugh.

Whilst she went to eat, Kate, Maria and I finished unpacking.

It was six p.m once we'd finished everything so we ordered Chinese food and sat down watching Gilmore Girls on the extremely huge couch that if Amelia or Charlie found out we were eating on, would probably kick our asses. But, they're out until late tonight for some orientation thing Charlie has at Harvard.

Mom and Maria were on one end of the couch whilst I was cuddled up to Kate on the other. "I really don't want to go back to New York," Kate whispers sadly before kissing the top of my head which is rested on her shoulder. "I really don't want you to go back to New York," I whisper back. "Can I stay with you for a couple more nights?" She questions quietly. "What about work?" I remind her. "I'll call in sick. I have plenty of sick leave anyway," she says.

"Okay, that would be nice," I whisper.

Just after eight, we cleaned up our dishes and Mom and Maria were about to head back home since they both have work tomorrow.
I always get sad whenever I have to say goodbye to them, even if I go back home every other weekend. The independence of living away from them still scares me despite the fact that I've been doing it for two years.

"FaceTime us every night, I don't care how busy you are," Mom orders. "I will," I chuckle.

"I love you lots and lots sweetheart," she smiles softly with tears in her eyes.
It's a close call but I think she hates this more than I do.

"I love you too," I mumble, hugging her tightly.

When she pulls away she wipes the tears under my eyes and places a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you hon," Maria smiles, now pulling me in for a hug. "I love you too," I say.

"Get home safely," I say with a small smile as they walk out the door. Mom kissed my forehead, "I love you," she said again. "I love you too," I say, trying to my best not to completely sob in front of her because it will only make it harder.

Well the door closes behind them I turn to Kate and let out a shaky breath. "Do you want a cuddle?" She asks. I shake my head. "Are you sure?"
I shake my head again as I burst into tears and her arms wrap around me.

Like that quote from Winnie the Pooh says; How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.

____________
only took ages to update but anyways! only 2 chapters left!

also as of tomorrow I'm officially 1 week clean!!!