chapter seven

Y/N:
When I got back to my car, mom was leaning against hers - which was parked next to mine - as she spoke on the phone to someone.

"I gotta go now, but we'll be home in a few hours. I love you," She says after noticing me. "Bye."

Mom hangs up the phone and looks at me. "You ready to go?" She questions. "Yep," I nod.

"What's that?" She asks, pointing to the sweater I'm holding. "Oh, it's MJ's. I found it under the bed," I admit. "Do you want me to put it in the box?"
"No, that's okay," I let out a shaky breathe, looking down at the sweater. "Okay," She smiles softly.

"Maria called and she went out and bought all your favourite snacks and is going to make spaghetti for dinner," She explained. "Yay, that was nice," I smile widely.

"I can't wait to be home and stay home for three whole months," I exclaim. "Oh I can't wait for you to be home for three whole months, too. I hate you being away," She laughs. "Trust me, I hate being away from you more."
"Not possible," She smirks. "It very much is," I giggle, walking around to my car door. "Nope. It's not."
"Yeah yeah, whatever you say," I roll my eyes playfully.

~

Natasha:
Four hours later and we finally arrived back in New York. We stopped for Taco Bell on the way, hence it took longer that usually would.

As soon as I turn off my engine, I get out the car and start to take out Y/N's boxes from the boot. However, when Y/N gets out of her car she just runs to the front door and unlocks it.

"You're just going to leave me to take in all your things?" I ask with a giggle. "I gotta use the bathroom!" She yells as she runs inside.

I laugh to myself and shake my head as I begin to carry a box inside.

"Hey, need some help?" Maria questions as I walk in the door. "Hey honey. Yes please," I smile lightly as I place the box on the ground.

"I missed you," She admits, placing her hands on my hips. "I missed you too," I say, cupping her cheek softly with my hand and her soft lips met mine.

Unfortunately the moment didn't last long. "Ew gross, get a room," Y/N snickered as she walked out of her bedroom.

Maria and I slowly pulled away from one another and laughed before going to help Y/N to get the rest of her things out the car.

"Can you please get this one, it's heavy?" Y/N asks me. "Of course," I smile.

Finally, when we'd finished taking everything out the car and into Y/N's room, she flopped onto the couch with a dramatic sigh.
I say finally like it took forever, but in reality it was only ten minutes.

"You good there?" I question with a chuckle. "Mhm, I'm so happy to be home," She sighs in relief.

"Can we have a movie night?" She questions, looking between Maria and I. "Obviously," We both answer at the same time.

Whenever Y/N came back from college, the three of us would have a family movie night and without it meaning to, it very quickly became tradition.

"What do want to watch?" Maria asks. "Pitch Perfect?" Y/N suggests with a wide smile. I roll my eyes and chuckle. "You've seen that movie how many times?"
"I don't know, I've lost count," She shrugs nonchalantly.

"Yes, we can watch it," I smile. "Yay!" She enthuses and jumps off the couch to hug Maria.

"Uh, where's my hug? I was the one who said we can watch it," I say, offended. "You'll get one, I just realised I haven't said a proper hi to Maria," She answers.

Maria smiles with a small chuckle. "Hi, honey," She says to Y/N. "Hi," Y/N smiles softly as she pulls away from the hug.

"My turn?" I question jokingly. "Yes," Y/N rolls her eyes playfully and wraps her arms around me. "I love you my beautiful girl," I tell her. "I love you too, mama."

"Okay, I'm gonna go unpack because if I don't do it now, I never will," Y/N admits. "Alright," I smile softly, moving the hair out of her face. "I'm going to start on dinner."

Y/N picked up her phone and walked into her bedroom, closing the door behind her and Maria and I made our way into the kitchen.

"How was your week?" She questions. "It was alright, I guess. I haven't slept well since I left, I'm so worried about Y/N," I admit.

"I know," She spoke softly, tucking my hair behind my ear. "She'll be okay in the end, though," She assures me and I nod. "I know she will," I breathe.

"How about you? How was your week?" I ask, leaning against the kitchen counter. "It was okay. Nothing exciting happened," She shrugs and I nod.
"How's Fury?"

"He won't stop begging me to ask you to join s.h.i.e.l.d," We both chuckle. "I've told him no so many times," I admit, rolling my eyes playfully. "I know," Maria laughs.

Only a few people know about my past - Maria being one of them - before I became a teacher and a mom. Fury has been on my back about becoming an agent of s.h.i.e.l.d for the last ten years, but I know I don't want that.

Having a regular job and a family is all I ever wanted, and now that I have it, I'm happier than I ever thought I'd be.

~

After cooking dinner, I went into Y/N's room to get her. I knocked on her door but didn't hear an answer, so I let myself in.

She wasn't in her bedroom and I noticed none of her things were unpacked, but her suitcase that had her clothes and toiletries in it was open.

"Y/N, are you okay in there?" I checked, knocking on her bathroom door. I could hear her crying quite heavily but there was no answer.

Fuck.

"Honey, can you let me in?"

________
A/N: thank you for 2k reads already!!

I watched the first 5 episodes of killing eve last night I'm already so obsessed! Im gonna watch more tonight
It's literally so good & Jodie Comer is just 🤌🏼