chapter nine

Natasha:
Maria woke me up quite early this morning after she got called on an emergency mission, so she would be gone for a couple of days.

She always wakes me before she has to leave because she never likes going without making me a coffee and saying a proper goodbye.

It's currently already ten o'clock and most of my morning was spent cleaning up the house and doing laundry.

Y/N hasn't gotten out of bed yet, so I decided to go check on her.

I slowly and quietly made my way into her bedroom and saw that she was already awake and on her phone.

"Morning sweetheart," I smile gently, sitting at the end of her bed. "Morning," She returned the smile. Although I could see that she was faking it.

"How are you feeling this morning?" I question. "I feel like shit," She chuckles and groans. I frown and softly brush my fingers against her face to move her hair behind her ear. "Can I do anything?" I offer. "You don't have to, it's fine," She smiles sadly. "I know, but I want to."

"Okay, maybe if you could bring me a coffee?" She hesitantly asks. "Of course," I nod. "I'll be back in five."
"Thank you, mama," She smiles.

I reach over and kiss her forehead before getting up and going to the kitchen to make her a cup of coffee.

I get out two mugs from the cabinet - the matching Gilmore Girls mugs that Maria got us for Christmas last year - and start on a fresh batch of coffee for Y/N and I.

A few minutes later I walk back into her bedroom. Y/N sits herself up on the bed and I pass the coffee to her. "Thank you."

I stand in front of her and take a drink of my coffee. "You just gonna stand there or—" She chuckles.

"Maria's at work and the house is clean and I'm bored," I state. "Do you want to watch something with me?" She suggests with a small smile. "Sure," I beam, walking around and sitting down on the bed next to her.

"Wait, my laptop is in the bag over there. Can you get it please?" She questions, pointing to the backpack that's on her vanity. I nod and get the laptop out of her bag, bringing it back to the bed.

"What are we watching?" I question. "I don't mind. Any suggestions?" She shrugs. "F.R.I.E.N.D.S?" I suggest and she nods in agreement.

Two hours later, we'd watched nearly half a season a friends and Y/N had nearly fallen back asleep.

"I'm going to get up and make some lunch, do you want some?" I offer. "No thanks, I'm not that hungry," She admits. "You sure? You haven't eaten anything today," I worry. "I know. I just don't have have much of an appetite," She smiles sadly. "Okay. Let me know if you change your mind," I tell her. "I will."

~

Y/N didn't get out of bed at all today. Part of me was worried whilst the other part of me knew that she probably needed to absolutely nothing.

Just after seven pm, I went in again to check on her. She was in the same position she was in three hours ago, laying on her back with her laptop on her stomach as she watched a movie.

"Sweetheart, can I do anything for you?" I ask concernedly. She turns her head to look at me. "I don't know," She shrugs.

I smile sadly. "I was thinking of ordering Shawarma for dinner if you want to come for a drive with me to pick it up?" I suggest. "Okay," She nods.

"Okay, well do you want to shower and we can leave in twenty?" I say. "Are you suggesting that I stink?"
"Well, you haven't showered in like two days...so yeah," I smile jokingly. She gasps sarcastically and throws a pillow in my direction.

"Im kidding, you don't stink. I'm messing with you. But, showers sometimes help you feel better," I shrug. "Fine, I'll shower," She decides and gets out of bed.

Whilst Y/N was in the shower, I called the Shawarma place so that it was ready by the time we went to pick it up.

On the way, Y/N blasted Taylor Swift through the car speakers and sang her heart out. She looked like an idiot doing it alone, so I joined her.

When we pulled into the parking space, she turned her head to look at me. "You actually have a really good singing voice," She said, surprised. I raise an eyebrow and chuckle, "I really don't."

"You do," She argues as we get out the car. "I do not."

"Jesus, woman. Can you just take the compliment," She rolls her eyes. "Fine," I sigh. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," She smiled proudly. I roll my eyes playfully and pull her in for a side hug. "You're an idiot," I smirk. "Thank you," She giggles.

"Can you get the drinks?" I ask, gesturing over to the fridges. "Yep."

Y/N:
I took out a Dr Pepper and a Coke from the fridge, and went I turned around again I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" We both panic at the same time.

"It's all good," I laugh and she smiles in relief.

"Is this your dog?" I question, bending down to pat the golden retriever. "No, I just stole him from some guy," She shrug's casually. I look back up at her. Confusion but also a hint of worry washing over my face.

"I'm joking. Yeah he's mine," She confirms. "What's its name?" I ask, giving the dog a kiss before standing up again. "Pizza."

"You named your dog, Pizza?" I laugh. "Yeah well, it's a long story but the first thing I gave him to eat was Pizza and whilst I was deciding on a name I kept referring to him as 'Pizza Dog' and so it just kind of stuck," The girl explains with a deep breath.

"It's cute. Besides, my auntie named her dog, Fanny, so it's really not that bad," I shrug and she giggles.

When she stops laughing there's a few seconds of awkward silence before I clear my throat. I go to speak, but she beats me to it.

"I'm Kate by the way. Kate Bishop," She smiles nervously.

"I'm Y/N," I nod my head slightly with a small smile.

"Can I uh-can I get your number?" She questions.

I take a deep breath and bite the inside of my cheek.

"I'm sorry," I sigh. "I just got out of a long-term relationship and I'm not ready to start anything new," I explain, feeling really bad for saying no. I hate saying no to people.

"That's okay," She smiles understandingly. "I hope you're doing okay," She adds genuinely. "Thank you," I breathe.

At least she was understanding and didn't push it.

"I should get back to my mom, but it was nice meeting you," I inform her. "Yeah, you too Y/N," She smiles.

When I start walking over to my mom, I notice that she was already looking at me, probably overhearing that whole conversation. She sees me looking at her and quickly turns her head away.

I place the drinks on the counter for the guy to scan and mom pays for the food.

"You don't have to pretend you didn't just hear that whole conversation," I tell her as we leave the store. "Sorry, I couldn't help it," She chuckles. "Are you okay though?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. She was nice about it so it was fine," I shrug.

_________
A/N: hellooo!! how are you doing ??

not proofread, but I actually really enjoyed writing this chapter...I think it's my favourite one so far and I hope you liked ittt

I actually have so many plans for this story and I can't waittt