𝟐𝟐

❝Over here!❞

Over here!❞

The kid in the red shirt yells.

The two young adults are surrounded by other children roughly half their height after being forced into playing with the child.

Pass it to the pretty lady!❞

The child with the red shirt yells to the other child. Where Soohyeon, who is now in complete disbelief at the nickname he has given to her.

Jake scoffs as he examines the youngster and thought of how clumsy the boy is for shouting out things that the opposing team shouldn't be able to hear.

I agree with you that she is pretty, but you shouldn't have said that,❞

Jake yells out as he makes a mad dash for Soohyeon in an attempt to intercept the passing ball.

Because Soohyeon has no previous experience with the sport, so she has a hard time getting a hold of the ball.

Soohyeon, are you just going to give the ball like that?❞

Jake persists in grabbing the ball from Soohyeon despite her best efforts, and he does so with a smug smile on his face.

Damn, you❞

Soohyeon mutters under her breath while making a determined effort to reclaim the ball.

Jake realizes that she is having difficulty retrieving the ball, and as a result, he chooses to surrender and hand it to her.

He acts as if he is stunned when he lost control of the soccer ball until Soohyeon eventually manages to retrieve it for herself.

Finally,❞

Soohyeon appears to be grinning without her awareness as she guides the ball into the net, sparking cheers of triumph from the children playing on her team.

You're good at soccer!❞

Soohyeon breaks out in a wide grin after hearing some praise from a fellow player on her team.

Jake, unknown to her, provided the opportunity for her to score a goal, which finally led to the victory of her team.

Jake glances at her as he sees her surrounded by a large number of children. He appears to be beaming from ear to ear as he takes in the scene in front of him.

Soohyeon can't help but laugh as the children won't stop chanting her name.

At that moment, she realises that she is so preoccupied with the children that she has nearly forgotten Jake's existence.

She searches for him, and when she finds him, the two of them make eye contact with each other, and their grins are still obvious.

Almost instantly, Soohyeon forestalls her gaze and clears her throat. She bends her head to gaze at the children and says,

I have to go now, my feet are starting to hurt,❞

She says this while flashing an apologetic smile. She then approaches Jake, who is talking to someone on the phone.

Yes? Alright then, I'll be there soon,❞

He ends the call by pressing the button and then stares at Soohyeon.

You seem to be popular around kids,❞

He says with a smug look on his face, even though he knows well that he is the reason why she is the centre of attention.

Yeah... that was fun,❞

When Soohyeon glances down at the ground, she lets out a small chuckle.

Let's go now, shall we?❞

Jake's statement was startling, causing Soohyeon to instantly look up at him.

Where?❞

To a pet daycare❞

❝To a pet daycare❞