⓪⑥ ⓪⓪⓪

✆ ☏  11:28 p.m

✆ ☏  11:28 p.m

❝Please? Just add me in insta, at least❞ He continues his never-ending pleading.

❝Why are you so desperate?❞ She ponders, irritated by his persistent pleas.

❝It would be unfair if you were the only one who called me on my birthday.❞ Frankness tinges his voice as he speaks.

❝And actually, you're the only caller who agreed to accompany me after being denied by 5 others, so I sincerely appreciate you for answering the phone.❞ 

He clarifies his feelings of gratitude for her as he explains why he is keen to reconnect with her.

Soohyeon relents from her viewpoint. Quite some time has passed since she last opened that app.

It's not only the persistence of his pleading; there's something about this man that makes her give in. She throws her head back and fizzles.

Fine.

The instant that she gives her response, she is rewarded with a triumphant "yes" from the other line.

Finally,... Anyways, add my username. It's J4yla.11❞ 

He smiles in delight.

She pulls out her phone and launches the app. She enters his username, at which point she is taken aback by the fact that he has over 5,000 followers.

As she had suspected all along, she was correct. He's a well-known person.

Are you a vlogger or something? You have a lot of followers.❞ She continues to be taken aback by the discovery.

His laugh can be picked up on the other end of the line.

No, I don't make videos or anything at all. I actually don't know why they'd follow me...

She sees his face in one of his recent posts and her jaw drops as she scrolls through them.

This is not you. You're a trap.❞ 

She says this as though she cannot believe her eyes at this man's appearance.

I'm not lying. The golden retriever in the profile is Layla. The dog I told you about earlier.❞ He confirms.

She dismisses his claims with a shake of her head. 

No. I'm not believing you. 

Wait here, I'll call Layla.❞ 

Saying that, he stands up from his chair.

Layla! Come here

 The man shouts. The line is filled with the sounds of footsteps and the heavy breathing of a dog.

Layla, say hi to my friend Soohyeon.❞ 

He repeats it with a cheery grin while pulling the telephone closer to the dog.

Still, Soohyeon refuses to accept the idea that the man in these posts is the same person she's talking to.

Wait, damn it. You could just click one of my videos and hear it out if our voice is the same❞ He gives himself a facepalm when he comes to the realisation.

She did as he suggested and selected one of his previously saved stories to view.

He was showing everyone the lake that was right next to them as he strolled his dog.

 ❝Layla! Wait up!

There,

Her eyes become even more wide-set.