𝟐𝟓

❝So you've never left this neighbourhood till now?❞Jake asks, his eyes focused on the girl who continues to avoid his gaze

So you've never left this neighbourhood till now?
Jake asks, his eyes focused on the girl who continues to avoid his gaze.

Yep, still the same.

Soohyeon manages to look into his eyes while nodding.

And my apartment is somewhere right... there,
She points to the decent-sized apartments that have a contemporary layout.

Jake responds with a small nod of the head. But the fact that she has to leave him so soon makes him upset since he desires to speak to her more.

He peers at her and decides to strike up a new conversation with her.
Do you enjoy your job? Being a 911 caller?
He asks, capturing her attention.

Hm, yeah. Pretty much. But I might not sure if I'll stay on that job for too long, since I am wanting to become a photographer. Either a Fashion-photographer or a Photojournalist.

She explains, which causes her to slow down. Jake nods once more as he listens intently to her.

Soohyeon glances up at him and chooses to respond,
What about you? I heard you have a lot on your mind,

Jake responds by nodding his head and explains,
Yep, I want to become a teacher but I also want to enter the music or fashion industry, pretty contrasting for a selection,

The two continue to discuss their future plans till they reach the front gate of Soohyeon's apartment.

She glances up at Jake, who is now giving her a bittersweet smile as he tries to finish their talk.

But then Soohyeon observes his mood and can't stop thinking about how to make the atmosphere bright before they depart.

Uh, Jake...
She begins to break the stillness between them, prompting the man to look at her.

Yes?
He asks.

Thank you for today, It was our first meeting— well not really, since we already met in high school.
Jake notices Soohyeon rambling at her words, which makes him grin and sigh blissfully.