⓪⑤ ⓪⓪⓪

✆☏11:20 p.m

✆☏11:20 p.m

The sound of Jake's laughter in the background causes Soohyeon to become extremely irritated.

I'm hanging up.❞ 

She expresses her words in an irritated manner. It was inconceivable to her that she had been duped.

No! Please I'm sorry. I won't do it again sorry.❞ 

His attempts to keep himself from laughing are futile, as it is still audible.

Yeah bye-

She gives a crimped expression and prepares to hang up.

Wait! Please don't-. remember our deal??? 

Having realised his blunder, he sighs deeply.

The fact that the phone line remains alive but silent, comes as a surprise to them. On the other line, Soohyeon stammers, apparently considering his words.

40 minutes more?... please?...❞ 

He tries to persuade in a low tone.

Silence enters the line once more.

Alright. Whatever.❞ 

With a sigh of disdain, she takes a big air, realising that she ended up giving in.

Thank you, Soohyeon.❞ 

Sincere as Jake is, the words nonetheless make her feel funny in the stomach.

Mmhm❞ 

She clumsily gives a response.

It had been a very long time since someone addressed her by name in such a manner.

Her desire to communicate with others weakened the longer she stayed at home, and her solitude deepened as a consequence.

Now that I think about it Soohyeon, when is your birthday?❞ 

Without realising it, he had broken Soohyeon out of her timidity.

Why'd you ask?❞ 

The question is mirrored back to him.

As a token of gratitude, I'd want to call you on your birthday.❞ 

He responds hoping to get an approval.

You don't have to—❞ 

Her sentence is ended abruptly.

Come onnn... Soohyeon.❞ 

He pleads with her once again, expressing his hope that they can reconnect in a little while.

He's so desperate of knowing the person behind her voice, to the point that he'll eagerly meet with her.

❝It's no use. I'm leaving this job tomorrow. And so you will be calling a different person❞ 

She chimes in with a tone of mild disapproval.

That's great! We can exchange real numbers or add each other on insta? Or maybe snap?❞ 

His bright expression conveys his willingness and hope for her acceptance of the idea.

Soohyeon, on the other hand, is doubtful as she disagrees firmly with the man on the other line.

Why would I want to add a complete stranger?❞ 

Incredulous at his suggestion, she continues.

Let's be friends then?❞ 

He makes his appeal one more time.

Sorry sir, I only accept that request in real-life scenarios❞ 

In spite of his efforts, she turns it down.

Let's meet somewhere then? Park? Botanical Garden?

He makes his request once more, not giving up.

Jake, I don't trust people online, calls, or some random places... I will be in danger or something. What if you are a kidnapper?❞ 

She replies, continuing to disagree with everything he has to say.

I'm not a kidnapper! Trust me.❞ He exclaims.

That's what they all say.❞ A sigh escapes her mouth.

❞ A sigh escapes her mouth