①⓪ ⓪⓪⓪

✆☏11:45 p.m

✆☏11:45 p.m

Don't worry Soohyeon, I'm free, vacant, and available,❞

Jake takes his remarks to make fun of her.

Soohyeon, on the other end of the phone, squints her eyes and displays regret about her last question.

I warned you not to misinterpret what I was saying.❞ The tone of her voice is deadpan.

Soohyeon is beginning to suspect that Jake plotted this all out beforehand; after all, he did tell her to read it from 1 to 10.

Okay. My turn,❞

He immediately switches the subject away from her.

So, Soohyeon. Are you single?❞

The man is suddenly full of malice, and his grin spreads across his face as he speaks.

It's clear that Soohyeon's irritation and fluster have led her face to redden and make her facepalm herself.

I shouldn't have searched for Q&A questions, damn it.❞

She mumbles as she moves away from the phone, which can still be clearly heard on the other end of the line.

Meanwhile, Jake is doing his best not to snort and to keep his lips sealed after successfully irritating the girl.

The tension is vastly different on both sides.

So... Are you in a relationship?❞ Asks Jake, again with his tone.

No, and not interested to be in one,❞ Says Soohyeon, firmly denying the statement.

Aw, really though?❞

Jake asks her again in a mocking tone, and she gradually becomes irritated by him.

Don't make me say it again, Jake

She emphasizes his name in a solemn tone.

No, like. Why?❞

With his playful tone, he asks again, seething Soohyeon on the other line.

I'm too busy for that. And don't ask me that again, it's getting annoying,❞ 

She responds.

Okay, Okay. I'm just playing around...❞ His chuckles are heard through the speaker and slowly stop.

Unless—❞

Jake.❞

What?❞

❝What?❞