Chapter Thirty-Seven: Truth

"This was when the gate opened." Nancy adds, "Yes, we're in the past." Nancy says. "Dustin! Dustin!" Steve shouts, the other four staring at each other awkwardly. "Okay, so, um, Steve and I heard Dustin's voice downstairs." Ava informs casually. "Why would Henderson be here? Isn't he in the normal dimension.. thingy?" Eddie asks, looking over at Ava.

"Yeah. Yeah, he is back up in the real dimension. But we heard his voice." Ava responds. Nancy then starts walking out of her room, the rest following. "Dustin!" Steve repeats, everyone running down the stairs at the commotion. "Can you hear me, Dustin?!" Steve kept going on, walking around the room, staring at a wall like a maniac.

"Steve- stop embarrassing me." Ava mutters, leaning onto Robin out of the cringe she was currently dealing with. "Hello? H-Hello?!" Steve shouts, "Maybe he really does have rabies." Robin says. "Steve, what're you doing?" Nancy asks, Steve then flashes his light at the four, making them flinch slightly at the light.

"He's here. Henderson, that little shit, he's here. He's like.." Steve tries to explain, then looks at his little sister. "Ava. Ava, tell them that you heard Dustin too." Steve says, making Ava turn to them slowly. "Okay, so, like i said- as soon as we were walking upstairs, i heard Dustin talking." Ava says, nodding.

"Yeah, yes, see?" Steve says, "Don't you dare think i'm crazy." Steve adds. "Oh, no, we don't think you're crazy, Harrington." Eddie says, walking around to where Steve was talking to Dustin at. "Actually maybe a little bit." Eddie says. "No- he's in the walls or something, okay? Just listen." Steve responds.

"Dustin!" Steve shouts again, "Dustin!" He repeats. "Dustin! Can you hear me!?" He kept going on. Soon after Steve said that, Dustin's voice was audible. "How and why is there a gate at Lover's Lake?" Dustin's voice had said, but it sounded almost blurry, or incomprehensible.

The group soon started to shout for Dustin, but unfortunately to no prevail. Ava's mind was jittered with confusion, mainly it being as to why the group was now in Mike Wheeler's house. "What the hell would they be at your house for?" Ava asks Nancy, the older girl too distracted by shouting for the boys name.

"Maybe something happened." Eddie shrugged, not participating in the shouting act. "Well, obviously." Ava responds sarcastically, "But, i mean- i saw them crouching behind something, like, hiding." Ava says, trying to think about every possibility, only worrying herself more. "There's no need to worry, you know?" Eddie says, trying to comfort Ava. "If there at Wheeler's house, i'm sure they're safe." Eddie says with a small nod.

"Yeah.. yeah, let's hope you're right. Thanks, Eds." Ava says with a smile, "Anytime, Little H." Eddie responds. "Dustin!" Robin shouts, "Alright, either this kid can't hear us or he's being a total douchebag." Steve mumbles. "Will found a way." Nancy says, "What?" Steve responds. "Will." Nancy says, making Ava look up at her. "He found a way to speak to Joyce through the lights." Nancy adds, walking to a lamp and trying to turn it on, only for it not to work.

"I doubt anyone has paid the electrical bill in this.. Upside Down residence." Ava mumbles, following them. Steve then flashed his light up at the chandelier, glowing light particles surrounding it. "Guys?" Steve says, "You seeing this?" He asks, everyone now looking to where his flashlight was rested at.

Nancy then walked towards it, staring at it intently. She then reached out, the energy roaming around her fingers, the light become brighter. "Woah." Eddie mumbles, walking towards it as well. Everyone begins touching the light, Ava needing to be on her tippy toes, which he was incredibly jealous about. "It tickles." Eddie chuckles, "It kinda feels good." Robin adds, making Ava nod in agreement. It felt like there were warm particles brushing against your skin, and it was quite nice.