Chapter Twenty-Seven: Vecna's Curse

They were all sitting down, waiting for Eddie to speak. Since Eddie never did, Dustin decided to start a very needed conversation.

"Eddie.." Dustin mumbles, "We just want to talk." The boy sighs, understanding why Eddie feels uncomfortable and afraid. Robin slowly but surely takes soft steps towards the two, crouching down next to Dustin.

"We want to know what happened." Robin says softly. Eddie turns to her, sniffling, "You won't believe me." Eddie speaks up weakly, barely being able to contain his tears.

"Try us." Max says, turning her head to the side. Eddie glances up at her, trying to find the words on how to explain. "Her body just, like, lifted up into the air and.." Eddie says weakly. "And she just like, hung there, in the air. And her bones-" Eddie says before mumbling, barely being able to finish the next words.

"Her bones started to snap." Eddie manages to say. "Her eyes, man." Eddie mumbles, "It.. It was like there was something, like, inside her head, pulling." He explains. "I.. I didn't know what to do, so i.. I ran away." He says weakly, making Ava feel nauseous. She couldn't take that one of her closest friends induced such pain.

"I left her there." He continues before scoffing and shaking his head, "You all think i'm crazy, right?" He asks. "No. We don't think you're crazy." Dustin speaks up for the rest of the group, "Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds." Eddie says, his voice cracking due to sadness.

"We're not bullshitting you." Max says, "We believe you." Robin speaks up, making Eddie scoff. "Look, what i'm about to tell you, might be a little.. Difficult to process." Dustin says to the older teen. "Okay." Eddie says weakly.

"You know how people say Hawkins is.. Cursed?" Dustin asks, earning a nod from Eddie. "They're not.. Way off." The boy continues, "There's another world. A world hidden beneath Hawkins." Dustin continues to explain, making Eddie's eyes widen.

"Sometimes it bleeds into ours." Dustin says, "Like ghosts and shit?" Eddie asks, "There are some things.. Worse than ghosts." Max mumbles, making Ava turn her head to her. "These monsters from this other world.." Dustin explains.

"We thought they were gone." He continues, making everyone unweary for what he's going to say next, "But they've come back." The boy mumbles, "And that's why we needed to find you." The younger boy says to Eddie.

"If they're back again, we need to know." Max says, "That night, did you see anything?" Robin asks, "Dark particles, maybe?" Max asks, making Eddie shake his head no. "It would almost look like dust, swirling dust." Dustin says, making everyone nod in agreement.

"No, man, there was nothing you could see or, uh.. Or touch." Eddie mumbles, "Did Chrissy tell you anything that could potentially relate to stuff like this?" Ava asks, hoping he had some intel on what Chrissy told Ava so that she wasn't alone, but he shook his head, making Ava realize that she was the only one who knew what Chrissy was going through.

"Well, um.." Ava says, making everyone turn to her. "Obviously me and Chrissy were good friends and all.. And i may know a thing or two that could relate to this." Ava mumbles. "Tell us everything you know." Dustin says, turning to the girl.

"Well.. Chrissy said she had these nightmares.. That had some type of weird voice in it, a menacing one." Ava continues, "And that the nightmares were constant, always the same thing." Ava says, sighing. "And that there's a weird, gross looking, but slightly human shaped creature in them. But she only saw it once." The girl finishes.

Dustin nods, still processing the information. "Did she ever tell you details on anything?" Dustin asks, "Details on what?" Ava asks, "Like.. About the creature." He says. "No.. Just that it had a creepy voice, and that it was gross looking." Ava answers.

"I wouldn't be surprised if that 'thing' did that to Chrissy." Steve mumbles, "But if it was a nightmare, how could it have killed her?" Steve continues to ask. "Maybe if it wasn't really a nightmare at all.." Dustin says, "Maybe just.. A pawn." He mumbles. "Something to distract the victim to whatever they shouldn't see, make them cornered by horrible memories and make them unable to even know that they're gonna die at any moment." The boy finishes.

"Like blinding them with bad memories to distract them from the good ones." Ava adds, making Dustin nod. "The bad memories could maybe make them feel guilty, or just upset and angry, making it easier to taunt and kill them." Dustin says, "That's how he kills, i'm sure." The boy finishes.

"What exactly would Chrissy feel bad about?" Eddie asks, "Probably for buying drugs from the freak." Steve mumbles, looking at Ava, who just puts her head down. Eddie glances over at Ava with an apologetic smile.

"I mean, she was a cheerleader." Steve continues, "She could've had a bright future for herself, but she decided to buy drugs, or maybe was convinced." Steve adds, glaring at the other older boy. "I didn't.. I wouldn't do anything like that, man." Eddie scoffs, trying to keep his cool.

"There's no way my damn sister buys drugs from you without being influenced!" Steve says, raising his voice. "Oh my god, guys, we're trying to figure out a murder, we'll talk about that later." Dustin interrupts the two before they killed each other.

"But.. Listen, Chrissy couldn't move." Eddie adds on, "It was like she.. She was in a trance or something." He continues. "Or under a spell." Dustin adds, "A curse." Eddie mumbles.

"Vecna's curse."

{953 word count}

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. Omg this is such a short chapter, but i wanted to end it like that 😭. I'll make it up to you next chapter, i promise that the next chapter will be long. Thank you for reading i love you all!<3