Chapter Thirty-Six: The Past

"Oh my god!" Robin shouts as the ground beneath them shakes, "Is this an earthquake?!" Ava says, holding onto Eddie, the closest to her, as Eddie holds her just as desperately.

The ground suddenly stops shaking, everyone breathing heavily at the sudden impact. A creature bays in the distance, roaring. "Yeah, so, guns seem like a pretty good idea to me." Eddie says, breaking the silence, still holding onto Ava.

"I agree." Ava mumbles, standing up, wincing slightly at the pain in her left leg. "Yep, me too." Robin adds. "So what are we waiting for?" Steve asks, noticing the group standing there quietly. "Let's get a move on." He adds, grabbing a flashlight and walking out of the area they were at, the rest following close behind.

Ava and Steve were walking side by side, the older sibling being overprotective and not allowing her anywhere else if it wasn't beside him, especially with her injuries. "I think we're getting close." Nancy sighs, wanting to be at her house already. "Eddie." Steve says, earning Eddie's attention

"Eddie. Hey, man." Steve says casually, Ava watching from beside him. "Listen, i just.. i just want to say thanks." Steve says with a smile. "For saving my ass back there." Steve clarifies, making Eddie nod slowly. "You saved your own ass, man." Eddie responds, "I mean, that was a real Ozzy move you pulled back there." Eddie adds.

"Ozzy? What's that?" Ava asks, the two looking at her. "Yeah, uh, what's Ozzy?" Steve asks, looking back at Eddie. "When you took a bite out of that bat." Eddie says, "Ozzy Osbourne?" Eddie says, it being more of a question, hoping Steve and Ava knows who that is. "Black Sabbath?" Eddie adds, making Ava gasp in realization.

"Oh, i know who you're talking about now!" Ava says with a smile, Eddie nodding and smiling back at the younger girl, but stopping once he realizes Steve is still confused. "She bit a bat's head off onstage." Eddie says, "You know what? It doesn't matter." Steve responds. "It's very metal, what you did. That's all i'm saying." Eddie says, looking down at the ground.

"Thanks." Steve responds, sighing. "Henderson told me you were a badass. Insisted on the matter, in fact." Eddie says randomly, putting his hands in his jean jacket. "Henderson said that?" Steve asks, a smile curling on his lips. "Oh yeah. Shit." Eddie sighs, "Kid worships you, dude." He adds. "Like, you have no idea. It's kinda annoying to be honest." Eddie says.

"I don't even know why i care what that little shrimp thinks," Eddie says, making Ava smile. "But, uh, guess i got a little jealous, Steve." Eddie admits, making Ava smile even more. "I guess i couldn't accept the fact that Steve Harrington was actually a good dude." He admits. "Harsh." Ava scoffs, thinking it was a bit of an insult towards her as well.

"Well, i mean, rich parents, popular, chicks love him. Not a douche?" Eddie says, "No say, man. No way. That, like, flies in the face of all the laws in the universe, and my own personal Munson doctrine." Eddie adds. "Still super jealous as hell, by the way." Eddie says, getting close to Steve's face. "Christ." Steve mumbles, stepping away.

"Which is why i would never have jumped in that lake to save your ass. Honestly." Eddie admits, "Not under any, uh.. normal circumstances." He adds. "Nope. Outside of DND, i am no hero." Eddie says, sighing. "I see danger and i just turn heel and run." He says, walking about further than Steve and Ava. "Or at least that's what i've learned about myself this week." Eddie adds, making Ava frown.

"Give yourself a break, man." Steve responds, "See?" Eddie says, making Steve stop. "The only reason i came in here was 'cause those ladies came in straight after you and Ava." Eddie says, pointing at Nancy and Robin just ahead of them. "I was too ashamed to be the one who stayed behind. But Wheeler right there, she didn't waste a second." Eddie says.