Chapter Eleven: Snowball Dance

It was finally time for the Snowball Dance.

Ava's wounds have gotten slightly better, and she's just now realizing that she has some type of power.

"Hey, Steve?" Ava asks, looking at the boy. "Yeah what's up?" He responds, looking at his hair in the mirror. "Do you think i look okay?" Ava asks looking at her dress in the mirror.

Steve looks at the girl, knowing she hates her scars from the previous demodog attacks. "Ava, i know that you look beautiful in that dress." Steve reassures the girl, getting down to her height.

"No one's gonna be able to resist you." He finishes, smiling and grabbing the girls shoulders in reassurance. "Thanks Steve, you're the best brother ever." Ava says, hugging him.

"Alright, alright, let's go get Dustin." Steve says, smiling.

~~~

"Dustin.." Ava says, looking at the boys hair. "What? Is there something wrong with it?" Dustin says, lifting up the car mirror and looking at his hair.

"No, no, it looks great." Ava says, touching Dustin's hair slightly. "Really? You think so?" Dustin asks, smiling widely. "Of course." Ava reassures him, smiling.

They make it to the snowball dance. "Alright, remember, you don't care." Steve says, looking Dustin in the eyes. "I don't care." Dustin replies with a serious face. "Right, you got it, see?" Steve says, patting the boys shoulders.

Ava just stares at the two in awkwardness. "Now, you're gonna go in there," Steve says, Dustin nodding. "Look like a million bucks," He continues, "And you're gonna slay em dead." Steve finishes, looking the boy in the eyes.

"Like a lion." Dustin says, purring. "Yeah, don't do that." Steve says, looking at the boy weirdly. "Okay." Dustin responds. Dustin leaves the car, and enters the building.

Ava sees Steve stare at Nancy through the car window. "She's pretty isn't she?" Ava says, looking at Nancy too. "She is." Steve says, doing the same. "Don't worry Steve, you'll get her back eventually." Ava reassures him. "What makes you think that?" Steve asks, looking at his sister.

"You guys are endgame. And Nancy loves me, so." Ava says, trying to light the mood a bit. Steve chuckles and nods. "Thanks Ava." Steve says, showing true appreciation.

~~~

Ava walks into the gym, shocked by how it looks, and sees her friends, and Max.

Ava walks towards them. "Dude, your hair." Mike says, touching it. "It looks great, Dustin." Ava says, looking at Mike's direction.

"Not as great as you." Max interrupts, staring at Ava. "O-Oh, you look great too, Max." Ava says, flustered. A song starts to play. A slow song.

Lucas tries to walk up to Max, but Max walks up to Ava, not noticing Lucas was even walking to her. "You know what else would be great?" Max says, smiling at the other girl.

"What?" Ava asks, curious. "If you'd dance with me?" Max says, it being more of a question, and she puts her hand out for Ava to take.

"Well of course." Ava says in a weird voice, and takes the other girls hand smiling. Lucas stares at the two, his face seemed upset. Ava noticed and looked at him questionably, but Max dragged her out onto the dance floor.

Max had her hands on Ava's waist and Ava had hers around Max's neck. "So, you know how to dance, clumsy?" Max asks, looking down at their synced feet.

"Guess i'm not as clumsy as you think." Ava says, winking. Max just smiles and stares into Ava's eyes. Ava wanted to kiss her so, so badly, but knew she couldn't because they'd get weirder looks than they were already getting, but she tried to ignore them.

Max leans in, not caring about everyone's stares. Ava doesn't want to give Max the wrong idea, but she didn't want to kiss her in front of everyone. Before Max could kiss her, Ava backs away, looking into Max's eyes.

Max just stares at her, with confusion filled eyes. Ava grabs Max's hand and brings her outside of the gym. "Is there something wrong?" Max asks the girl. "No, it's just.." Ava says stopping. "You didn't want to kiss another girl in front of everyone?" Max asks, reading Ava like a book.

"N-No, it's not that-" Before Ava could finish, Max cut her off. "Ava, i know that's why." Max says, lifting the girls chin up to look at her rather than the ground. Ava just looks at her. "It's okay, i understand, the looks were starting to get to me too." Max admits, smiling.

"Well, no one's out here, so.." Ava says, smiling back. Max puts her arms back on Ava's waist and Ava puts hers back around Max's neck. The music faintly playing, but loud enough for the two to hear.

Max and Ava slow danced for around 5 minutes, and then Ava decided to lean in this time. Max noticed, and pulled Ava closer by the waist, leaning in as well.

The two kissed, but it wasn't a small little kiss like they usually would do, it was quite long. Max tightened her grip around Ava's waist as they kissed, making Ava blush. Ava just pulled Max's head closer to hers.

Max and Ava broke apart to breathe, but Max decided to kiss her again, making Ava blush even harder. This time Max actually slid her tongue inside of Ava's mouth, making Ava become a flustered mess. Usually Ava would be able to control her emotions, but this time she became way too flustered.

Ava backed away in shock and being overly flustered, but Max pulled her closer. After a couple seconds they broke apart, Ava's face being extremely red and Max making fun of her for it.

"You're so red!" Max says laughing. "What did you expect?!" Ava says, embarrassed. Max laughs more, and Ava turns away from her in embarrassment, but then sees a familiar car.

"Steve!" Ava shouts in embarrassment, running over to the car, Max running after her still laughing a bit. "You little stalker!" Ava shouts at him through his car window, Steve smiling awkwardly at Max.

"You guys are like 14, my advice is to try and not use tongue, you little weirdos." Steve says, scoffing at the two. "Wha- How did you know?!" Ava says, her face somehow becoming redder.

"Your reaction to a normal kiss wouldn't have been like that im sure." Steve responds. "She liked it." Max says, looking at Ava. "You guys are still children, stop." Steve says, gagging.

Max and Ava giggle at his comment.

Yeah, sure, they're kids. But they're kids who are madly in love, just too afraid to admit it.

{1111 words}

My views have gone so high it's insane, thank you guys for the views, and thanks to everyone who is reading. I've also noticed that i'm #3 in max, #1 in mayfield, and also #1 in madmax!! Thank you guys for everything! I'm also so excited to write season 3. Love you guys so much<33