Chapter Twenty-Three: New Beginnings

New school, new year. The party has now entered high-school, and expected it to be a dreadful part of their lives. Which it was.

Ava went on the cheerleading team because Lucas convinced her to, the two have gotten very close recently. Although, one relationship of Ava's has been ruined, and it was her and Max's.

Max had been distant lately, and stopped texting and calling Ava. The girl just thought it would be for a little, so she gave the redhead some space, she knew she needed it after what happened to Billy. But the two never really talked since then.

Ava was now in the backseat of her brothers car, who was asking Robin for relationship advice. I swear, Ava keeps getting into unwanted situations.

"Then there's Heidi tomorrow night, but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college." Steve blabbers, "So it's like, do i wanna start another relationship that has no point other than sex?" Steve continues.

"God, Steve, minor in the back." Ava groans, covering her ears. "It's the truth! I mean, i don't know, does that make sense to you?" Steve turns to Robin, who was doing her makeup.

"Robin, are you listening?" He asks, "Uh, yes." She responds. "What did i just say?" Steve asks, "Something about sex with Linda." Robin answers, facing Steve. "No, im talking about Heidi!" Steve says through chuckles, "Cut me some slack, please!" Robin scoffs.

"Your love life is one of labyrinthine complexity. And it is 7:00 in the morning, we have the stupid pep rally, and i woke up looking like a total corpse." Robin mumbles, stretching her face. "You're worried about a pep rally? Do you expect me to believe that?" Steve scoffs.

"Yeah? So?" Robin says, "So, we all know what this is about." Steve says, gesturing to Ava for backup. "Vickie~." Ava says stretching out the E. "Yeah, this is about Vickie." Steve agrees, nodding. "Absolutely not." Robin mumbles, glaring at Ava in the rear view mirror.

"It is. You know what else?" Steve says, "I really don't care-" Robin says before getting cut off, "You gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her." Steve says.

"You just gotta be yourself." He finishes. "You're literally quoting me to me. You do realize that, right?" Robin scoffs, "Well, maybe you need to listen to yourself. Ever think about that?" Steve asks.

"I listened, look at me. Boom, back in business with the ladies." Steve says, smiling. "It's not the same thing. Okay?" Robin mumbles. "You ask out a girl, and she says no, big deal. Nothing happens, maybe your ego's a little bruised." Robin scoffs.

"But i ask out the wrong girl, and bam, i'm a town pariah." She continues.  "I'd buy that, except Vickie is definitely not the wrong girl." Steve responds, "We just don't know that, do we?" Robin asks, turning to face Steve. Ava frowns and rubs Robin's shoulders from the backseat.

"She returned Fast Times paused at 53 minutes, 5 seconds." Steve defends, "Do you know who pauses Fast Times at 53 minutes and 5 seconds?" Steve asks. "Seriously? A fucking movie is going to convince Robin?" Ava scoffs, "People who like boobies, Robin!" Steve exclaims.

"Ew!" Robin shouts, "Don't say boobies!" Robin finishes. "Yeah, seriously, grow up Steve." Ava mumbles under her breath. "Not a big deal, okay? I like boobies, you like boobies." Steve says, "Hell, Ava likes boobies!" He continues.